1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old plow/New Ford

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by saleen49, Jan 30, 2005.

1. saleen49

saleen49 Junior Member

Hi all,

I'm new to the site but not new to snow plowing, my current set up is a 92 F-250HD equipt with a 1997 Western Unimount 7/6' Pro plow, I plan to order an 05 F-250 SD Diesel soon and need to know if a uni frame is available for the 05 that will allow me to keep my older plow for the new truck, for example will a mount for a 98 F-250 fit the 05 or does it call for a new mount because of the 05 restyling of the truck, I see them on Ebay all the time but have no way of knowing if they are different,

thanks for any help and think snow!!
  2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I do not think you will be able to find a truckside unimount for an 05.
    So you will probably have to have the new ultramount installed on your truck and use the adapter kit that western sells.

The following was taken from westerns web page.

This easy to use UltraMount® to UniMount® conversion kit enables you to attach a UniMount plow to a vehicle equipped with an UltraMount System vehicle mount. This kit is perfect if you have multiple snowplows, providing your fleet with versatility while changing to the UltraMount System. It is also ideal when transferring an old UniMount plow to a late model vehicle. When you are ready to replace the UniMount plow, the truck will already be equipped with the mount and wiring for an UltraMount plow. Designed for use with all Standard, Pro, and 8 1/2' MVP® UniMount Plows.

PART # 63754

Do not exceed vehicle weight ratings with a snowplow

3. saleen49

saleen49 Junior Member

Thanks for the info Mebes that is what i will need, :drinkup:
  4. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Old Plow ?New Ford?

I would contact the Plow manufacturer & Ask Them?--as they would KNOW!--a Save You a lot of Aggravation?--Ole JIM--