1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old plow mounts for 88-98 chevy

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RCsLawncare, Nov 4, 2008.

1. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

I am in desperate need of the truck mounts for a conventional western plow! I have the plow part, but the mounts are for a 77 ford. I need to know if anyone knows where I can find one at or does anyone have one and are willing to sell? Please help me get this truck going. It is going on a 1994 suburban to do driveways and such! Thank you!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. RCsLawncare

will a meyer mount work? I just need the frame mount, I have all the lights and such! I just cant seem to find anything right now. Thank you for looking out though!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes a Meyer mount will work with your Western blade if you change the pin attachment ears at the rear of the A-frame over to a Meyer style.

5. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

I may have the mount you need. If I can find one for my 76 dodge and don't need to adapt the chevy mount... I sent you a PM with contact info.

6. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I have the mount you need. Western p/n 61440. It fits 88-84 Chev truck and comes complete. I need one for my 98 and this won't work. Looking to get what I have in it and that is $450.00. Let me know.:p

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The 61440 mount is a uni, original poster is looking for a conventional mount.

8. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

I have both the Chevy conventional mount and the Dodge conventional mount

9. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

You posted about 6 hours too late on the Dodge mount! Found and ordered one off of ebay this morning.

10. RCsLawncare

how much are you willing to let the chevy mount go for? Just to make sure, it will let a uni or the old plow mount to a 1994 1/2 ton suburban? If so, please get back to me! Thanks for looking!

11. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Check your messages, I sent info and a contact number a couple of days ago.