1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old oshkosh plow trucks, worth anything?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tiestick, Oct 1, 2007.

1. tiestick

tiestick Junior Member

My town has a few retired oshkosh plow trucks that are collecting rust. I think we have two large v-plows wiht them as well. I was wondering if they are worth more as scrape metal are could somebody use them for parts? I do not have any pics, but they are from the 60's and are orange.

I am not looking for dollar amounts, but is it worth the time to either sell them or part them out on e-bay or this site. Or just scrap them. Thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Do a search on ebay, those things are still in demand both for work and collecting.

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

They are worth the selling. Guys buy them all the time. They make great lot trucks.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, there are still tons of people interested in them.

5. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

if they are auto id b interested in them, i rum them now you cant beat them

6. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Old Oskosh pow trucks, worth any thing?

YES! as they & Walters & FWDs were designed & Built as SNOW Fighters--as We all See them sitting besides Town & the larger Contractors Garages--mostly as You stated--Older models--50s & 60s--& most I know Of?--can & often Will fire UP! & are Useable as they Are!--just in Case? of Geting a Really Big Bad Snow Storm!--& as they Do SIT--their Paint Peels a Bit--& their Tires Go Flat--but--w/ a little Tinkering--they will DO the Plowing they were Desinged for!--as they Plow Heavy Snow--3 ft or Better like its Not There?--I often Stop & look them Over rather than Just Drive BY!--& I still Enjoy the Stories of the Ole Men that Drove Them In Our PAST--& I*M very PROUD to have been ONE of Them!--OleTower--