1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old mounts?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Blazerboy, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Blazerboy

Blazerboy Junior Member

I am interested in getting a blizzard plow for my truck, but the local dealer cant find a mount for my truck anymore. Was wondering if anyone had or knew where one is for a 86 s10 blazer, I know they made one that was a Power Hitch 1 style, but now discontinued. Any help would be great.
  2. damian

damian Senior Member

i just got one for a 1987 1500 pick up for an early blizzard,they made it in three days and shipped it to me,are you sure its discontinued or just custom made?
  3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

My 680 blizzard came off my dads 91 sonoma and bolted on my 99 jimmy without any mods. The 86 should have the same frame as the 91 sonoma, maybe see if a mount is available for a 99, it should go right on your 86. Be sure its not one for a zr2 though, good luck
  5. Blazerboy

Blazerboy Junior Member

Thanks for all the info guys, I'll have to look into the 95 to newer models fitting. No word from Jerre's yet.
  6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Since Douglas Dynamics bought out Blizzard, your truck is no longer an approved application. That is why the mount is discontinued. I think you can buy it in pieces, but probably a lot of $$$. I put a few 720's on little Blazers and Dakota's, they seem to be nice plow rigs for lighter stuff. if DD did'nt like the crash test data, they stopped making the kits. Tell your dealer to check the Blizzard shop, I think there was one on there a couple of months back. Good luck.
  7. Blazerboy

Blazerboy Junior Member

The local dealer supposedly checked blizzard shop, but thanks for the input.
  8. gage2001

gage2001 Junior Member

1977 GMC Jimmy mount

I am trying to find a plow mount for a GMC Jimmy 1977.
  9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member