1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Meyers dual switch setup /need wire diagram

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RGP, Jan 13, 2003.

1. RGP

RGP Junior Member

Hi Gang,
    I have an older meyers 7.5 witha E-47 pump. I just purchased it secondhand, I rebuilt the pump and have it all ready to go. My problem is I wired the harness in front to back and then realized it was missing the plastic harness for the back of the switches. :( Does anyone have a diagram (or a picture) of how the wiring looks? I need to figure out "what" is powered "when" to build my own.
    My domestic supervisor/financial consultant said I can't spend any more on my project else I need to sleep in the garage with my truck (not that it is that bad, but it is cool this time of year) :)

I read thru the site and found only one mention from GarageKeeper back on 12-10-2002 for a wireout on the 7 pin silk stick. :confused:

Thanks for the help. This forum is great!
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2003
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

3. RGP

RGP Junior Member

Thanks for the quick repy.
    I'm unfortunely in Cananda, so that works out to be $50 plus s/h. I can get a stick and a complete harness from a local dealer for $90.
    I really don't want to spend it till next season. I can strip the harness and put in a new one this summer.
    I don't think it will be too dificult to build a new one. My last truck had the same setup so I have seen how it was wired (However the exact pin out has evaded me). The guy that brought my old truck switched it to a stick and threw out the old harness :(

Thanks for the suggestion.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

TRY EBAY:drinkup:
  5. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

It would take me half an hour to type the explanation. I'll PM you with my phone number....
  6. RGP

RGP Junior Member

Thanks for your time and Help on this one Digger. It was greatly appericated.

7. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

The only thing worse than having to deal with snowplow problems is having to get clearance from one of *those* first....

I've slept in the truck.... (Not this time, last time.)

Glad to help. :)

Welcome to PlowSite.
  8. RGP

RGP Junior Member

I also wanted to say thanks to RockCrusher 4x4 for his Fax. Between that picture and the color code matching Digger242j helped me with I got the new remote switching unit built last night. Thanks again for all you help!

This is a great forum with a great bunch of Guys!

P.S. I will send a picture of it later this week, and also post the actual wire-out incase some other RedNeck like me is looking to build their own harness or control box.

Thanks again All!
    :drinkup: Cheers

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! :D