1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Meyer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lvfd50, Jan 28, 2008.

1. lvfd50

lvfd50 Junior Member
    from WNY

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find diagrams for some of the much older Meyer plow mounts. I recently was given an old plow that I want to put on my '84 Chevy to do my own driveway, but am not sure how it mounts. I'm not sure what year the plow is except it is the old behind the bumper style. I believe the parts that came with it were on a dodge from about '85. Another thing I was wondering is if I might be able to use these parts to mount it or should I get a different mount.

2. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Your 84 Chevy has a more narrow frame than the Dodge so depending upon the exact style of the frame (pics would help) you may be able to simply drill some new mounting holes farther inboard to mount to your frame. The tricky part would be modifying the kickers (the pieces that run from the bottom where the blade mounts, up to the truck frame) to work for you. If you can, post up some pics of the setup and measurements from the plow frame as well as the distance between your trucks frame rails.

3. iowaplowboy

iowaplowboy Member
    from Iowa

Meyer manual