1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Meyer question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BurnoutNova, Aug 21, 2013.

1. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova Junior Member

I'm looking at a spare plow setup here locally. I have another 8' Meyer plow on my 85 K10, and it has been a great plow so I really like these Meyers.

The one I am looking at seems to be a lighter duty version than the one I currently own. It only has 2 springs on it, where as my current one has 4. I also think the new one is only 7'6" (which is fine with me)

Is there any reason I should need to add more springs, or any reason the units with only 2 are not as good at all? I'm thinking I might put my larger blade on my newer truck because its a K30, and then put this smaller blade on the K10.

2. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

It's common to add the 3rd spring to the old ST series 7.5' blade, Meyer eventually did it as well. The blades are the same. Simple and light but effective design. I've got the same blade with an added spring, very easy to do. I found that the blade would lay/trip over just going down the gravel drive and also when pushing banks. Maybe worn springs or not tight enough but it was a cheap and easy mod, and again common.