1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old meyer controls.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by farmallkid, Jan 13, 2007.

1. farmallkid

farmallkid Junior Member
    from NH USA

Is anyone familiar with how to hook-up the controls for and older Meyer snowplow? I had one given to me and I don't know how to it works. It has belt driven hydraulics and only one control rod. It also has a valve body that has four hoses coming out of it. I have made the mount for the plow and the pump, but I don't know how to hook-up the controls.

thank you,
    farmallkid:confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to Plowsite! Could you post some pics. of your set up? Maybe we can help.

3. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Ok it sounds like you are missing a control rod
    It is a power angle valve bloct so there should be one rod for up and downa nd another for angle they just mount in the fender and they make holes for the rods into the dash. You can move the calves and modify the length of the rogs to make it work properly.

4. farmallkid

farmallkid Junior Member
    from NH USA

sorry, we'v been having internet problems for quite a while...

ifn I can get pics to upload, this is what we have, we are using somthing else right now, that does work:)

IM002859.jpg

IM002860.jpg

5. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

It is hard to tell but it looks like the one on the right may have a broken peice on the left end of it where the control rod goes? There were many styles of these controls but there should be something else. I will have my dad look at this tomorow he knows these systems alot better.

6. farmallkid

farmallkid Junior Member
    from NH USA

yes, it does have a broken "ear", but with that broken, we should still be able to grab the remaining one with pliers, and it should work, even with that piece broken, it still doesn't make any sense (to us) how it would work with these particular controls

Thanks

Johnny

7. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Ok here is what my dad said
    The valve on the left is off of an old under hood electric unit not a belt drive set up and the one on the right is the correct one for the belt drive. So you either need the correct up and down valve or you need one to add on that will let the fluid pass

He has the parts to complete this if you want to call him at 610-488-1450

8. farmallkid

farmallkid Junior Member
    from NH USA

thanks, but for this year i think we will just leave it alone, and just use what we have, and maybe look for possibly a whole newer plow setup next year...

Thanks again

Johnny