1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old little dog

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wild bill, Jul 30, 2007.

1. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

any body know a manufacturer that makes a plow for a 1992 ford ranger 4x4?

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Check snoway, I'm sure they have something.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Everyone did at one time. Trouble now will probably be finding a mount for a new plow. Most manuafacturers only make mounts for trucks within say 10 years. Not sure when the Ranger model changed in those years.

A good bet would be to watch ebay, craigslist etc for a used plow that fits the Ranger. Likely will be an older conventional mount and not the pull away or minute mount setups that are offered today.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  4. wild bill

plow

thanks i will gie it a try,i did not think i would have much luck.

5. blazer91

blazer91 Junior Member
    from Indiana

if you can weld and get steel just buy a plow and fabricate it to make it work thats what we are doing for an s10 blazer

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A friend of mine converted a mount from like a 99 f250 to fit on his 01 chevy 2500. Anything is possible with enough skill.

7. wild bill

lost cause

snowway used to make one but not any more,the guy is not financially able to buy a new plow and modify it.if he wants one he will have to keep an eye out for a vintage plow and go from there,so thanks a lot guy's.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Any decent welding shop can custom make a mount for the ranger. Just dont go bigger then a 7' blade.

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A 6 foot standard mount was made for the Ranger / Bronco II by Meyer.
    An S10 mount can be made to work with a bit of fabrication. You have to weld new tabs for the bumper mount and braces to the rear part of the frame mount. I had one on my Bronco II. I had to piece it together, the mount from here, the pump from there, the blade from another place. You have to upgrade your alternator and a huge battery to make it work well. A 3 row A/C radiator helps too. I added heavy duty cargo coil springs and shocks to the front end. It did well, the truck died of rusted out body mounts after 3 seasons. Around here the parts are not real hard to find with some phone calls to used equipment dealers.

10. MickiRig1

The other plow that Meyer makes to fit small trucks is called a 2 meter. They have 2 trip springs that are a different design then normal trip springs. Too bad your in the middle of the country, you could find the stuff around my area pretty quickly. I bet the guy that bought my Bronco II would sell you the setup if he still has it.

11. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

2 meter

Ok this is the wifes rig standard Meyers 2 meter its used for clean up and tight places also commercial side walks.Add some wings and add a about a foot on each side. Or you can fab some mounts from a 7.5 poly mount to the standard mount carton for the BII's or Ranger's
    Vid of plows on break and in action stupid vid but fun Eric.....http://media.putfile.com/snow-toys

Picture 549 (Medium).jpg

100_0017 (Medium).jpg

poly 4 (Medium).JPG

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway might have some mounts left, if not a dealer might. Snoway has a list of old mounts in dealer possession. If you cann't find one PM me and I'll look around though the dealers network.

The issue is ST model plows, The factory has discontinued them and replaced them with the 22 series for which they DON"T make a mount for your truck..

If you can find a used ST and they do show up on Ebay and the craig list sometimes, You should be able to get a mount. But check before you buy the plow.

13. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

fernaldude.... I bet your wife gets more accounts then you do if she dresses like that while she is plowing....lol Nice looking set-ups on your Broncos.

14. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

I send her in to calm down the prop owner works every time:gunsfiring: LOL

15. MickiRig1

Fernalddude:
    How's the Bronco II's treating you?
    I sold mine and my Boys had tears in their eyes when it got towed away!
    I have owned 13 different vehicles and I liked the Bronco II the best!
    Never ran across a small parking lot or driveway it could not do well.
    It was the driveway machine!