1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old K 5 Blazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DanG, Sep 14, 2003.

1. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I might have an opportunity to pick up an old k-5 blazer(1971).

Heres a little info on it.
    Engines the 307 CI v8
    The auto tranny's spent in it.
    It has 60,000 miles on it and the body is in really good shape for the age of it.
    The only rust on the whole truck is the rocker panels under the doors, every thing else is solid & original.
    It has power brakes & steering and Lock out hubs
    It comes with a plow on it already(Meyers 2 way):( But i know where i can pick up a four way valve body free.:)
    The last time it was on the road was in 1995

The person who is selling it is getting divorced and is moving into an apartment and doesn't need it any more.

I can pick this up dirt cheap.(under $1000)
    Think it might be a good thing to do?

It might make a fun truck for the summer too.

Dan

2. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

It sounds like a good deal to me. Even putting in a new tranny, you will have a rig w/plow for >$2000. The K5 Blazers are great rigs, for plowing, and for summer fun! If those are actual original miles, that's pretty low for 32 years old. Was it used pretty much exclusively as a plow truck?

3. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

I would grab if you can those old blazers are hard to find. I had a 72 blazer the whole roof will come off it was a great all around vehicle. You can buy the rocker panels new and there not to hard to put on. Pete
    :drinkup:

4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i used to plow with a 71 blazer had a fisher plow it was good for pushing snow just watch the vacuum lines i seen them catch on fire think it was the place i brought it to for work i think they goofed and the wires were resting against the block just keep an eye on them good luck i would buy anouther one

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Thats definitely a truck to grab. That body style Blazers don't show up too often. And usually when they do they are in rough rough shape. Theres a guy in my town with one i think its a 71' it has every available aftermarket part that was made at the time he bought the truck on it and it is in mint condition. The original paint is beautiful and the top is solid and there is no rust and low low original miles. He is selling his and asking $5995.

Jay

6. thunderace4

thunderace4 Junior Member

k 5

Just watch out for the brake lines. If the thing hasn't been used in almost 8 years you can bet the line are rusted and the brakes are shot. I had a wrangler that wasn't used in 3 years and the front lines blew out as I was backing it out of the driveway.

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Go for it!! There is a early 80's blazer for sale near me for under 500 with a western 7.5 plow but i cant drive it yet:( any way go for it im sure you will be happy you did.:)

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'd take it,it would be a great plow truck.If the body is really mint,it may be worth even more for a resale or restoration.