1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old isarmatic uni wiring questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by navyman, Nov 19, 2015.

1. navyman

navyman Member

I have an ancient isarmatic uni pump for a 10 ft straight blade and I have lost the wiring...I have since tried to wire it thru switches but have not had much luck getting it to cooperate, it seems eratic and up goes left and up and so on. all of the coils are good and I found one of the valves(short one ) to be bad. My question is, do these solenoid valves work independently? one for up and down ,one for left and one for right? or do they work together i.e Valve "A" energized with valve "B" etc. I have read every pdf file I could find and none really explain the theory of operation nor do they show in detail the cab control switch. I am hoping there is someone who knows these that can help me...thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes they do, with the exception of one. Did you look up the wiring link I posted?

I have never seen, nor heard of a diagram for the inside of the controller. People have tried to make them, but usually end up in bad efforts.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

4. navyman

navyman Member

Ok, so I think I found which wire harness I need, and from what I can gather the only thing " common" to these solenoids is the common. So That leads me to believe I have valve issues.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Look at the wiring again, one of the angle functions have two valves operating. My notes are out on loan, can say which ones. There is a thread on making a controller, its not easy, just get the correct harness and controller, look on Craigslist for used.