1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old headlights vs. new head lights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Troybaseball21, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

I currently have the newest headlights on my boss v. Wondering if anyone has actually compared the difference between these and the ones before and how they stand up. I saw on here someone with the previous style stuck HID ballasts in them. I would like to do that but there is no room in the new style. How hard is it to switch these out. Possibly looking to trade maybe...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The new lights aren't all that impressive over the old ones from a light output standpoint IMO, better yes but don't impress me. However they did solve the issue with the old style not being all that rigid.

You can swap to the old style lights but beside the lights themselves you'll need the plow side wiring harness (unless you want to chop it up) and the old style light bar and both turn signal assembly's. You could get some cash for the new ones to help offset the cost if buying new...you'd just need a taker. But buying new you'll need over $450 from the current ones to cover the full cost.

Ultimately I'd run a set of NS2's before I'd go back to the old style Boss's. Less cost and better light output.

3. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

If those are not too hard to swap, I would be interested in swapping the lights and bar and wiring to someone with the older ones along with about $75 bucks (to cover my HID kit). Anyone around this area let me know. I'm gonna go check and see how hard the wiring is to disconnect...

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you could be so kind, for the uneducated.....

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Night Saber 2's. Meyers' new style lights. Those combined with a good set of aftermarket bulbs in the highs and lows are an excellent combination.