1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old glass, pain in the ........

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HOMER, Dec 23, 2000.

1. HOMER

HOMER Junior Member

I have a 1984 Silverado, I've had this thing since 1989 and will never get rid of it but I have always had trouble with wind noise from day 1. Does anybody know if a company makes a 1 piece replacement for that window, one without the vent window. I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that you can replace the window and vent with a solid piece and remedy the wind noise. If this doesn't work has anybody else had problems like this and if so how did you fix it?
  2. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

one piece window

I have also heard and or seen an article somewheres about replacing the whole window/vent window with one solid window like the newer chevy's....seems to me like that conversion would require lots of work...personally I can say from experience with my 85 I travel the interstate system around here often for 2-4hrs at a time(7,000miles in 3mths) so its crucial to me to have everything sealed properly for cell phone conversations etc. and I had ordered and installed new seals from an LMC Truck catalog and its all nice and tight and very quiet inside now...well besides the rumble of the 2 chamber flowmaster below but not even that is bad about 55mph...so if you havent tried new seals its worth a shot. Best of luck.