1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old girl needs new rims and tires. Help me choose.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sixty4, Aug 21, 2015.

1. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Ok here is my old 97 Silverado bought new. It has 58k on her. After several years of plowing with it the original rims are getting pitted pretty good. My thoughts are to find a good looking summer rim and use the stock rims and better tires for winter.
    Need a few thoughts on a good looking summer rims and winter tires. Nothing to radical or so I look like it belongs in the hood. Not crazy about a stock wheel. Wheels are 16x7 6 lug. Thanks for any help all suggestions welcomed!

[​IMG]

2. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

Factory 2014 or 2015 silverado z71 wheels look fantastic on these trucks.

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Thousands and thousands of opinions on tires and rims in this forum. Search feature, and enjoy reading for days.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

it's your choice but why are we spending thousands on tires & rims for a old truck?

go to the junkyard and find a 2nd set of rims?

as for tires, any A/T tire without a continues center rib will work best for snow.

5. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

I asked myself the same question. However being as the truck owes me nothing at this point and original wheels are the worst part of the truck, I figure why not give it a bit of an upgrade.

6. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Not bad much cleaner look. Found a guy selling 2015 takeoffs. Will save the old rims for winter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good!

8. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

My vote wins! Told you they look fantastic!!

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Very nice upgrade!

10. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Thanks Guys! :drinkup:

11. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Take the cap off
    I love those trucks, they plow well and are cheap to fix if you can keep the rust away

12. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

x2 for take the cap off
    Wheels look great !!!