1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old FWD backhoe

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by crazyhorse_555, Jun 15, 2005.

1. crazyhorse_555

crazyhorse_555 Junior Member
    from 01057

I have an old 1954 FWD back hoe in my yard..Its not running and I dont want to get it running but how can I get rid of the darn thing..the back hoe is resting on the ground.Its also A very large machine.anyone have any ideas of how I can get it out of my yard..thanks..kelly

2. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

To move it I would think you'd have to disconnect the hydraulic lines then winch the boom up and in.

I'd look for a heavy equipment scrapyard and see if they would come get it if you let them have it for free. Or torch it up and take it in as scrap metal..

3. crazyhorse_555

crazyhorse_555 Junior Member
    from 01057

Fwd

I guess I would have to hire some one..Im just a little old female..cant do that on my own..Does anyone have any idea what that would cost me?

4. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

Alot of scrap guys might take that for free just b/c even old equipment is worth some cash. Some might want to get it running, some maybe to scrap it. Just run an ad in the paper for old backhoe, not running, FREE! You should definately get some calls.

5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Old Backhoe,Are you in Massachusetts?

Hello,Depending on what it is I maybe interested in a project.Please email me any information that you may have on the machine. Oshkosh2121@yahoo.com
    Thank You.
    Allan White

6. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Where are you located crazyhorse? At least what state, not trying to get nosy. I may be interested in a project. If not me, there are a lot of guys here that like to tinker in the winter.