1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old fisher rd? 3 springs minute mount

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mdappraisal, Oct 19, 2008.

1. mdappraisal

mdappraisal Junior Member

i bought an older mintue mount. not sure what year but could take pics if needed. i only have one or 2 of the serial digits. i order the push plates for my 08 f150. i concerned that may the width of the frame will not fit on the push plates once installed. is this a pissible issue with mounting a older fisher on a new truck? any other issues i should prepare for prior to installation?

thanks for the help and any info

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

absolutley not. If it is a Minute mount, your all set. They are custom specific to your particular vehicle. The only challange is wiring it up. This I would leave to the proffesionals if you don't know what you are doing. Toying around with ones new truck is not a good idea.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

in the fisher section search 2 wire plug to 3 wire plug conversion . it has been covered lots of times with part # . good luck.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

he said SPRINGS not plugs. He hasn't even wired the truck yet.

5. mdappraisal

mdappraisal Junior Member

"If it is a Minute mount, your all set. They are custom specific to your particular vehicle. "

the mount is specific not the "frame" which is standard which i hoped. thanks guys. i was thinking about mounting it than driving it to the local eq shop that sells fisher for the eletrical.

6. sweetk30

well arnt we a bit cranky .....

i was giving him a heads up on possible issues he might find.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

sweetk.....that came out the wrong way bud. That wasn't my intention at all.

8. sweetk30

o.k. buddy all is cool. just seems lots of boards are a bit sensitive these days . and whats up with all the noobs posting in all the wrong forums everywere on the internet.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

I hear ya. I went looking for advice on Hyd. Fluid and found it in the contracts and bidding forum!