1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Fisher on newer truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GetMore, Mar 19, 2005.

1. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I have two trucks, an '87 GMC 1-ton with an 8' Fisher (with steel deflector) and an '01 Silverado 2500HD (without the snow-plow-prep package.) I am getting rid of the GMC and need a plow for the Silverado, so I was thinking of moving the plow over, but it is heavy and I don't know if the Silverado will handle it.
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The 8' would be fine on that truck as long as its at least a minute mount or newer, fisher doesnt make a mount for the older conventional typwe blades for the newer trucks. You will also need to change the cross harness.
  3. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

Just posted a reply about anyone using older fisher plows. I took one from a '78 GMC to an '87 Chevy to a '92 Chevy. Fits perfect, works perfect, and was paid for 1 yr after it was on the '78...so, to me, it's the perfect plow.
  4. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

So, this means that I cannot put my old plow onto my new truck?
    I've heard that the hydraulics on the old plows are stronger, but that may have been on the engine-driven pump systems.