1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old fisher blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by IPLOWSNO, Dec 3, 2013.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys ,
    I got an old 7' blade I don't need is it worth anything or should I scrap it?

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

absent a photo, i would say the blade with A frame and pistons would go for around $200 if solid without rot. I've picked up a few blades in the $200 range to modify for use on a skidsteer or tractor.

that said, I see people listing blades for well over $500, but I can't imagine they would ever sell at that price.

3. IPLOWSNO

Thanks I'd hate to scrap it, I could see it being modded for a skid steer as well

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If you are good with a welder Make it in to a Skid plow and flip for 900-1200

I know a guy around buys old plows turn them into Skidsteer plows and sells them for a profit

5. IPLOWSNO

No welder ,, one of these days I'll get one but it won't be soon!!!

6. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

I would say don't scrap it. Try to sell it on C/L or other means. Mexico has some serious snow removal equipment.

7. IPLOWSNO

Yea it's on c/l and not one bite, oh well I tried