1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old faithful

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by THEGOLDPRO, Jul 11, 2007.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so i was inspired by the recient pics of the old dodges i saw on here, so i figured i'd post up old faithful, its a 91 ram 350 with the cummins, has somewheres around 250kish, and is rotted to hell, but damn will she push some serious snow.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

not tryin to be a shi.t head but there is no G in Cummins

super cool truck tho and ill bet its fun as heck to drive

yeah im tired as hell lol fixed it.
  4. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Funny thing is no matter how rusted those older trucks get,they will out live ANY of the trucks built today and will just keep paying for themselves over and over again.

I'd rather buy 2 trucks for under 10 grand than buy just 1 for 20 payup
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck! I love the older beaters. They are just built so well.
  6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

An older Fisher... very nice! It will never die!!! I've always wondered if my grandfather's old 76 Chevy with a Speedcast is still out there 31 years later.

Bet some people could do wonders with that body, though -- it could be worth a little $$ to fix her up.

Thanks for sharing!

a few years back i added a ton of extra leaf springs back there, because we used to use it for our sander, and we used to load it with so much sand you would have to do a double take when seeing it on the road, lol so anyways we had it loaded up and the truck just didnt feel right, felt loose back there, so we checked it out, and low and behold we snapped the frame right over the whhel well, lol so we put her into retirement, and swapped the sander over to our dump last year, but i think im gonna un-retire it this coming year, i feel bad having it just sit and rot any more then it allready has, so i mine as well put it to work.
  8. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I know of a bed like new bed for that. Guy bought it, blasted it, primed it and linexed the underside etc. Then he decided to mount a utility body on the truck he was redoing. Last month I saw it still sitting up in the loft of his shop.

Let me know if you want me to inquire.

yeah d0od def my bed is sooooooo rotted it feels like you could rip it off by hand, lol lif you dont mind asking how much he wants for it that would be great.
  10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

nice old trucks like that are gettting harder and harder to find. how much work do you think its gonna be to fix the frame damage??

not to much work alittle welding here, some grinding there, and were all set.
  12. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

well get off plowsite and get to work!! lol

lol i have a long time till wonter to fix her up, lol
  14. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

You mentioned other older Dodge pictures. You have a link for them? I looked and didn't see anything recent.
    I have an 85 that is probably outrusting yours.....nanner nanner nanner. W150 w/ 360 4bl.

I had visions of fixing it up too but it is slowly getting worse being parked outside. Engine, trans and t-case are all good but it needs some brake work in the front, new fuel and brake lines and an exhaust. In it's last few years of service I had put new timing chain, fuel pump, water pump, radiator, oil pump, pan and seals rear brake backing plates and brakes, front drive shaft and some other stuff in it. That makes it tougher to think of dumping it. Although, it provided a decent income, seldom left me stranded and I don't think I ever got stuck in a snow plowing situation where I couldn't get out under it's own power.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2007

i thought it was here but i made a mistake it was on a landscaping forum im on, my bad.

and outrusting mine, lol i dunno it would be close im sure.
  16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

When you're ready to let her go, give me a shout. I love those trucks. Very hard to find, but then even harder to find FOR SALE. There are two in my town just like that and I swear they just rolled out of the factory. Both owned by two old guys.
  17. DeereFarmer

Hey GoldPro, I'm looking around at yard trucks and am just looking for some pricing info. If you were selling it what would you ask for it?

this truck??? lolbout 800-1000ish
  19. DeereFarmer

That sounds reasonable. A guy up here has one in worst condition than yours and won't budge off $2000.
  20. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Last fall, right by where I work, there was an 88 or 89 Dodge 3/4 ton with a cummins diesel sitting on a used car lot for sale, it was copper in color and had 6 leafs up front and 9 out back with 2" lift blocks, the truck also had a diamond snow plow on her and the truck was mint and did it ever stand out from the newer trucks on the lot.

Those old trucks just keep going, and with bullit proof drivetrains, makes them hard to kill, and when there all done up, they still look way better than whats on the road nowadays.