1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old dogs learn new tricks (regarding MM2)

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Grn Mtn, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Okay so I've had my plow 5 years now and usually at night when I try to reconnect to the plow its not exactly a "minute mount":D I'm pretty good at lining up but it seems that the plow is always just a little too low to drive right in.

well a buddy of mine said that if i push down on the triangle first, drop the jack then push the headlight frame toward the truck, the jack will then lock at the correct drive-in height.

Duh, can't believe i hadn't tried that before.
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i keep a board in the back of the truck. before i take the blade off i use it to push down the triangle and put slack back in the chain. everytime.
    not sure what you are getting at. only time i have a problem is if i leave it on snow or mud in which case the snow melts or it sinks in the mud so it is lower when i go to drive back into it.
  3. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

on the back of every fisher there is a diagram and instructions on how mount the plow if you read them it tells you to float lift cylinder and push head gear up to lock in place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a MM2 it should have the return spring already mounted to the triangle so that it should already be fully collapsed.
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep return spring should have floated head down. Do you have the return spring? My cable rottedout recently and they are easy to fix.
  6. Grn Mtn

really, holy crap I wish I could read, what the hell have I been doing all these years:dizzy::gunsfiring:
  7. Grn Mtn

I do and it does, but what it does not do is collapse it 100%, about 2" remains. This may be something newish since I have only really been having it bad this year. I did notice the whole headgear is slightly leaning to the right. I might have slammed one too many ice piles back:D
  8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I must admit sometime the right side of my plow doest hook up. Easy way to get it to latch is just put your shoulder under the top crossmember where the light is and lift it up a bit. As for you return spring not working. Check the spring make sure its still good and check the tension on cable maybe it slipped a bit. FY! new cable kit is $14 had to buy one recently
  9. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Sounds like Big Dog and Big Dave have this thread all wrapped up. Close it out Moderator Donaven..... :)
  10. Plow Mounting

Check to make sure that your "return" spring is there and adjusted properly. The procedure is in the manual. My MM2 is 4 years old, and when I "float" it down, the spring collapses the piston fully. I have no problems mounting or dis-mounting my plow. The spring should totally collapse the piston.

11. Grn Mtn

now why would you go and say that? closing threads is generally reserved for threads that have gotten OT and full of emotion. Someone could always have a good comment to say or pipe in with a similar situation.