1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old dodge van plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Mdirrigation, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

About 12 years ago a good friend of mine moved to a rural area of Maryland . He is a old Vanner He had a beat up old Dodge A 100 van , I had a old Meyers plow with a bent A frame and blade. Well with a bit of scrap metal , an electric boat winch , a set of tire chains and 4 ,318 engine blocks thrown in the back , we welded the spider gears and he had a plow truck. It is a stupid lookin creation, his neighbors thought he was a nut, Well the old beast is still running, the guys on the road take turns plowing during big storms. If you are a bit creative just about any old vehicle could be made into a personal plow machine.
  2. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Pictures!!! I wanna see pictures!! :D

The old A100's are cool vans...I would love to see a "Plow" version!
  3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

The guy with the A100s is the man for those vans , he has at least 10 , Just about every model made , pick ups , 8 door , no side door , factory camper, He has been playing with them since 1972. I wish I had a pic , I ditigal cam is on the xmas list .
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I would love to see this van!:bluebounc That sounds cool! Maybe you could put a bed in the back so when you get tired you don't have to drive all the way home.:D