1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old dodge power wagons

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jay741, Feb 10, 2009.

1. jay741

jay741 Junior Member

does anyone out there still plow with the old dodge power wagons. if so can u post some pics i love the way they look

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

they used to plow with one at the country club I work at. It was a 1 ton dump and plowed like no other

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

We had them in the Canadian Army backin late seventies. 318 motors. The whole truck could take a lot of abuse

4. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

My Dad had one that looked like the one from that 70's-80's show "Simon & Simon". Thing was a total tank with fulltime 4wd.

5. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Not really a "Power Wagon" it a 1990 and only has 36,000 miles on it. But I still use this every storm.

Dodge.jpg

6. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Its got the power wagon "look"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Trucks are tough as the old timers who drive them. The weak links are the older wiring and how the bodies melt from the inside out. If you are serious about one look in the south. Lots of pristeen iron in Wyoming and Nevada. Love mine!!!! Expecially ones which have had the Cummins turbo diesel installed. A friend of a friend has two of them with the diesel. One is a total custom with a quad cab.

8. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

9. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

I plow with a '73 W100, manual 4-speed, short wheelbase, 318 motor. Body is getting heinous but am slowly undertaking a "running restoration." She is a snow-eating machine, unbelievably tough and reliable.

[​IMG]

10. 78W200

78W200 Member

We still have two of them on is my sig 78 w200 w/400 bb, the other is an 80 150 clubcab shortbed w/ 318. I would post some pics for you put you would need a tetnaus shot just from looking at them:D

11. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

here's a pic of my 87 W250, as well as a shot of the type of roads I use it to plow.
    I love this truck! I put little 235x75-16s on for the winter, with chains on all 4. rear 60 is welded too. and sometimes I still get stuck! so this year, I added a warn 8274 to the rear, and bought a "pull-pal", just in case there's nothing for me to pull myself out with.
    this truck has been battered and beat, but is still one tough truck.
    one of these days, it's gonna get a 440:D

mtnroads6.jpg

dodge.jpg

12. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Damn, nice truck. Are those 32x15.0 tires in the bottom picture? You run those in the summer only? I actually use them year round, they're great--although for some reason this year we've been getting an unusual amount of icing beneath the snow on a bunch of storms, and I really need chains for those conditions!

Boy, I sure wouldn't want to crab-walk on that road in the top picture--that sometimes happens when we get a wet heavy snow and the weight gets too much for the truck to push.

13. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

yeah, she's a tough 'bute with lots and lots of character. those are 33s on it, and yeah, only in the summer do I run those. I put on the 235s for winter, cuz it helps the gearing a little. we've got some steep gnarly hills, so it helps. 4 low, 4th and floored!:D
    the roads don't really bother me. but all my neighbors think I have brain damage, and my wife won't plow with me at all.
    the one part that can get nervewracking...is tryin to make it home without chains on (in my DD), and make it most of the way up the hill, can't quite make it, and then try to back down. pucker factor can get pretty high

14. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I do believe that is a hairy hairpin.

15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

16. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

17. dchr

dchr Senior Member

New to the site but not new to the business. I have an 83 Dodge 1/2 ton with a 318 4bbl-the thing is an unstoppable tank. I will post pics. soon-is undergoing a running restoration.

18. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I will try to post a few of mine.

100_0023.jpg

100_0265.jpg

snowtruck1.jpg

17476054813_0_BG.jpg

pw321.jpg

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Metro - that's quite a fleet of old ugly Dodges. Beautiful! All red too, nice. I definitely have a fondness for these Dodges. They look like trucks. All business, not many frills. My brother lives in Nashville and sent some pics of a 92 or 93 2wd 150 short bed. Black, loaded, body and paint perfect. Magnum 360, fun to drive. But they wanted 5G for it, crazy. Wouldn't mind picking up an early Cummins 4x4 in a one ton, if I can find an automatic. Add a 9.5XV with wings, JJAG sidewing, 3 yard spreader.

20. steve001hsd

steve001hsd Junior Member
    from arizona

77 powerwagon

I plow with a '77 power wagon. I got a 727 tf tranny, 440cid with towing cam, 37x12.50x16.5 military tires, warn 8274 upright winch with a custom adapter to mount it in the receiver for my goose neck hitch so I can keep the winch protected, and just open the gate and pull the line out, triple batteries, and of course chains for all tires as needed.

jeep n truck.jpg