1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old dodge...pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Feb 26, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

this old dodge is next to my friends house and i'm wonderin if anyone has ever seen an "sno-fitter" edition before? i know nothing about old dodges..this one has not had licn on it since 1985 lol but it plows the circle every snow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

My neighbor had one for a long time. Seemed like a tough truck.
    I think that what he had was a Snow Commander but I could be wrong as I sometimes am:) These trucks came outfitted with a meyers plow from the factory as I recall.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

yup your right, the sno fighter was just a earlier edition of the sno commander. As already said they came with a plow from the factory;)

4. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I got myself an 89 Sno-Commander, or as I like to call her the Ass-Commander...

5. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

My Dad had a Sno Commander. Red with the Yellow and black stripe. This is not his, but just another pic.

snocommander.jpg

6. KTM

KTM Junior Member

I had a snow commander for my first plow truck, worked awesome came from the factory with 215/85/16 tires, they looked stupid because they were so narrow but, they worked great, it was also the only Meyer plow I ever owned and I had great luck with it.

7. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

When I bought my sno-commander 3 years ago I couldnt deal with the factory dinky tires so I got 33" X 12.5"... They make the truck look so much better but isnt great for plowing. This year my neighbors plow truck went on fire and he gave me his brand new (older) widetrack radial baja xt's. Tall and narrow... My truck looks doofy with them on but its pushes snow like a son of a *****... Its amazing what tires and ballast mean for plowing... All as I need is to paint her camo and she will look like a Military Truck with those tires...

8. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

awsome info guys! i never knew about these trucks and i'm glad i asked. plow from the fatory what a awsome idea haha

9. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Hmmm, maybe i'll have to paint my '92 up like an old Sno-Fiter

10. KTM

KTM Junior Member

Dodge has always had neat names for there packages on there car's and truck's.

11. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

They would look kinda cool done-up in Manderian Copper or Deep Copper Metallic;)

Jason

12. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

i think i heard that dodge is offering it again on new trucks....could be wrong