1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Diamond Trip pivot modification of spring mount.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TJS, Nov 7, 2012.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

The old heavy diamond plows you cannot kill. I converted this old 8 foot diamond plow years ago so it would adapt to a Fisher Minute mount set up for my Superduty. After some years of serious use since the conversion, this thing is a tank and needs nothing but some paint. Anyway, the trip edge end horizontal spring set up does not have any supports. That is how they were made in 1979. I made new supports that I will weld in. I made a template and then plasma cut them out and bored the holes on the mill. Once welded in, I am going to paint the back of the plow flat black and the front yellow. Next mod will be making a wider and higher mount for the lights. See pics. They are in no particular order.

Here are the end springs that just float there. It works fine but I want to make it better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pattern from existing trip spring pin pivots.
    [​IMG]

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Plasma cut out and bored the hole in the plate on the mill.
    [​IMG]

Mocked up.
    [​IMG]

Had to trim the tube to allow the plate to fit. Took off .100" so the cotter pins line up again.
    [​IMG]

Welded them in today. I will get more pics soon.

T.J.

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice job u always do real nice work

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

X2... Nothing I can add to this comment

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Pics. Done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

that should be 10 times stronger now

7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I had an older diamond on an 86 F-350 and the thing was a beast. Only thing I ever disliked about it was the attack angle of the cutting edge. Too steep an angle for my liking.

I also noticed that the end spring pins were bent.

That fix should keep that from ever happening on your blade. Thumbs Up

8. JeepFreak

JeepFreak Junior Member

i know this is old but why cant i see the image.. i have the same plow ..HELP TJS ....

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

i have to look around. i think i forgot what i did. what do you need.

10. JeepFreak

JeepFreak Junior Member

mine is shot.. wanna do a full rebuilt like yours, but i dont know how it was before it all let go.... springs are all crooked and not preloaded...

11. JeepFreak

JeepFreak Junior Member

ill pm you ...