1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old Clark forklift for sale $1000 obo

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Maclawnco, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Older clark forklift for sale. Unit runs but not well. Leaks hydro transmission fluid and engine doesnt run great. Have ROPS for unit but not currently attached. Tripple stage mast. 5000# lift capacity. Will need some tlc before you can use it much. 1000 obo.

2011-10-02 12.48.39.jpg

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

What is your location? I forget and I can't see on my phone. What all tlc will it need? Basic maintenance or major repairs?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I just read the needed repairs. Oops lol.

4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

yeah, its gona need a fair amount of work in all honesty. I dont know exactly what it needs but the local lift truck companies want a few hundred just to diagnose it. I paid $1k for it a year ago Dec. Im fairly sure I can get that from scrapping it but I thought I would offer it to someone who might want to keep it living if they were handy. Im not.

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

"Come On" I thought you were handy.....
    John...

6. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

John, surely you jest. haha.

come on, you know you want it. Had a few tire kickers. bring your cash and a trailer :)

7. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

any offers?

8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

FYI you will get about 450-550 in scrap for it, I just went through this whole process of getting rid of our 1968 3 stage cat forklift, and it ran and operated fine.

Goodluck

9. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

We just scrapped a couple 5000lb fork lifts and got 1200 for one the other got 1100. The weight of each truck was around 10k each.

10. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

You going need call all scrap company to get quote on Iron cast. Most them will say NO or $100-180 MAX. We shop around and found 1 in Ohio who will pay $260 MAX that was back in August. Now I am sure scrap price drop down ALOT.

11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Our local scrap yard pays $11 for ever 100 pounds. Atleast that was the going price last week when I hauled some cars over for a friend.

12. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Forgot to add it Ton for $260. Couldn't edit post to add tons.

13. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

if someone would just make an offer, I would probably take it. Its realistically in my way more than anything and I dont have time to drain it to scrap it

14. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

We dont have to drain it to scrap it here but I know its like that in certain areas. wish you were closer because I would deff make a reasonable offer. in any case scrap is dropping so If you decide to scrap I would do it very soon and would expect to get around 900-1100 out of it currently.

15. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

sold. local guy is going to scrap all but the boom. Going to fab a mount for the boom to hook up to a tractor's 3 pt hitch. Should work really well. $600 took it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.