1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Chevy Values

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PINEISLAND1, Jun 26, 2001.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I just need a quick "off the top of your head" feel for what these two trucks might be worth. One 84 and one 87 3/4 ton chevys. Both have been plowed regularly for at least a few seasons, maybe longer. Both still were being driven daily till recently. The deal includes three Meyer plows, the old 8 foot heavy ones that Chuck always talks about. Also included is one meyer tailgate sander. All have been maintained well and regularly. No known major problems, and these are from a friend.

The guy almost lost his life a year ago to a brain hemmorage, and has lost his business to the bank. He is going to have them taken away, doesnt really care at all, nothing he can do about it now. I know what the bank needs, and its not much.

He offered them to me, and I am interested. It will be a very sweet deal, but I would like to know going into it what they might be worth as a package.

I know thats not alot to go on, but what is your gut feeling, high and low end?

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

84- low end 1500.00 high end 4500.00 but that would be for a pretty nice unit
    87- low end 3500.00 high end 6500.00 again for a nice unit
    The tailgate unit is a throw away not really worth alot.
    So a fair package price middle of the road would be IMO about 8000.00

Thanks Dino.
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

If I had to guess, I would say between 6 and 8 thousand. Like Dino said, it depends on the condition. Hope this helps. Keep in mind, having three identical plows, is a nice bonus, especially heavy duty ones.

Thanks Chuck. I did go over and buy the trucks tonite. I am going to post some pics so you can help me I.D. the plows.