1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old cable control plow problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gutter21, Jan 23, 2013.

1. gutter21

gutter21 Member

I have a old cable controller plow. Replaced the solenoid and still have problems. When I Jump the solenoid the plow works and while its jumped I move the controller and the plow moves in that direction. This only works when the solenoid is jumped ( it constantly runs when jumped). Any suggestions ? Do those cable controllers go bad. I think there is only a ground wire cing from the controller going to the solenoid. Thanks for any help.

2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Sounds like your solenoid went bad. Are you jumping the two large posts? Check your ground connections as the controller gives the solenoid it's ground to activate.

3. gutter21

gutter21 Member

I was jumping the 2 smaller post.

4. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Either the wire coming off the controller is broken somewhere along the run to the solenoid or the solenoid itself is bad. If you change the solenoid, make sure you get the right one for a plow. It might look identical, but it isn't ground activated.