1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by willie07, Aug 17, 2009.

1. willie07

willie07 Junior Member

i am looking for a bud. He has a 8' 2" boss v plow of of a 88 ford f-250. He bought it used and they told him the plow was bought new with the truck in 88. I did not know they made they back then? The only numbers he could get was a serial # 24215. He needs new truck but same plow. What model plow is this, and what plow frames are out there to put on trucks. He is looking for new truck and wanted to know what to look for. He has someone out west and will find a truck for him if he knows what to look for. He has a 95 dodge 1 ton dually, cane he get a frame for that truck to fit on the plow?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

After a certain year you wont be able to mount the plow to the truck unless you modify the plow frame. Your best bet is to look for a used plow for the new truck. Your buddy could put the old boss on ebay or craigslist or you could put it on here and maybe someone would bit at it. The boss he has is a RT1. Rapid Tach 1. Boss went from RT1 to RT2 and are now on the RT3. The newest style plow they make.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Boss was on the market in 1985.

Since it's an RT1 about the newest truck you'll find a mount for would be the Dodge he's currently running. And it will be quite a search at that to find an RT1 mount for that as they've been out of production for nearly 15 years. Be much further ahead to update to a newer plow while you're updating trucks.
  4. willie07

willie07 Junior Member

thanks for the help. that is what i told him. i will tell him and see what he wants to do.