1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Boss V 9.2 Right wing stops?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MowingisMaddnes, Jan 14, 2009.

1. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

I have an old, I am real old, first generation Boss 9.2 V. Sometimes the right wing becomes inoperable. I have had an old and new controller and it has happened with both of them. Is this a solenoid problem. Please help me troubleshoot this problem...
    Thanks, aj

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It stops extending, or retracting? As there's a valve for each of those functions.

Likely just a loose wire to either the extend or retract solenoid or the solenoid itself doesn't have good ground.

3. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

i think

I think it wont extend. It is very sporadic and very infrequent. So there is a solenoid just for extending? So it could be a wire, ground, or the solenoid itself?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, you have a valve/solenoid for each and every individual function. But if it's only the right wing extend that your having issues with then that narrows it down to that specific valve/coil.

The right extend valve/coil assembly should be the one with the red wire so thats the one you want to concentrate on. Check the connections at both the controller plug and at the coil itself, and also remove that coil from the valve and clean any rust or corrosion from the valve stem under the coil...as thats how the coil gets it ground. If it all checks out then it may be the valve itself sticking occasionally and would be best to replace it.