1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old BOSS plow I need your input! HELP

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by IC-Smoke, Feb 15, 2008.

1. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

a local guy wants $250.00 for this plow. Its the old school style chain lift, under hood pump.

**Issue with the plow is the pump/motor doesnt work when its warm so where can I find a pump/motor or rebuild kit for it? Everything else works on the truck he says (Im going to look at it this weekend)

Is it worth the money? Id like to get him down $50-$75 but we'll see.
    This isnt going to be used every storm and is going on my old 2wd dump truck (1983 chev 6.2 diesel 1 ton dump) as a back up / play toy. I'd rebuild the cylinders, new cutting edge, and repaint the whole setup.

pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks
    Ian

2. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

C'mon guys!:dizzy:

3. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

I'd say that one hell of a deal and if you dont want it I'd take it, too bad im in Canadatymusic

4. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

I'd give you $600.00 if you deliver:D

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i would pay up to $200-300 but that is only because i have one of those old plows that i can switch parts back and forth. otherwise i think it would be a pain to find the correct truckside and retro fit everything under the hood. dont get me wrong it could be done but you can piece together a newer plow with parts that are readily available for alittle more than that. it looks to be in good condition from what i can see. i might pay alittle more depending on access and location.

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

the plow is comming off a 84 GMC and I plan to put it on my 83 chevy so I shouldnt have to mess with anything to get it to bolt up.

what about the motor? where can I find parts for the old beast or a replacement motor?

Im going to look at it this weekend and check out the bottom of the mold board to make sure its not rotted thru but from the pics it does look solid:blush2:

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Under hood motor units for those are easy to come by. New and Used. Those V's held up well. I prefer the bar and latch mounting of those also as far as the older plows go. PM if you want more info on a pump/motor unit.

Jerre

8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I sent you a Email Jerre! Thanks

anyone else have input on the plow? what to look for, good deal or not?
    Thanks
    Ian

9. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Good Deal

I bought my rt1 like that for 250.00. I replaced all the hoses, coils, beefed up the blade due to rot, had to retro fit the mount and biuld a light tower for it. So if all you need to do is work on the motor than 250.00 is a good deal. And if you don't buy it let me know where it is so I can go get it. Mine works great and I only have 785.00 in to it.

10. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I think Im going to snag it from the sounds of it.

Thanks guys!!!