1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Boss Found, left over? Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wkahler, Mar 16, 2008.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I recently bought a investment property and found a plow left behind the garage. It is a
    7' 6" Super duty and the serial number is 4073, i think. Any ideas on it, if its worth nothing i am just going to scrap it or something. It has no pump or hook up for it, its basically just the plow with cylinders on it and springs.

Let me know
    Bill

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

put a lock threw one of the holes so it dosent walk away just a thought while u sort out what ur gonna do with it

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

sounds like a good plow to be turned into a skid steer plow.

4. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Any offers it is for sale if noone says it is of any value! Must pick it up or it is going to the scrap yard!

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

post some pics of it that will help sell it.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

got any pics of it?

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

With some pictures we can at least determine what it is, what hookup, etc.

Any plow is worth something. Scrapping it would be a serious waste.

8. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

Scrap yards in my area are paying high dollar for good steel.

9. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

OK i will work on getting some pictures out to you guys, warning it is nothing great and it is certainly nothing to shout about. It is old and looks like a older set up from what i can tell and looks more to me like maybe it used to have a cylinder like a Myer or something with chain hook up. I will work on it, the only thing is there is only one person that has replied to the listing that is in Ohio!!! shipping is not going to happen for sure!

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

OHio guy # 2 :D

Bump!

11. KGRlandscapeing

actually ur 3rd cause it was me first then kinnco then u

12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Even if they are paying a nickel a pound (high), the blade would only be worth like $15. as scrap.

Early boss plows had a chain lift. The early RT1 hookups (ie: 80's) had fixed pins welded in the a-frame that were secured in the truck frame with more pins. You'd recognize them right away. RT2 hookups had jaws and a lever on the a frame, and of course RT3s have the hydro lift setup.

Any one of them is worth 'something' and certainly more than $15... and shouldn't be hard to find a home for. Still lots of guys with older trucks/plows that wouldn't mind a spare blade (even for parts like springs and cylinders) or guys making blades for skidsteers etc.

I would pick it up but I'm probably 6 hrs away!

13. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Also they had 2 lift cylinders.:)

14. KGRlandscapeing

[I would pick it up but I'm probably 6 hrs away![/QUOTE]

probably further hes in the southwest corner

15. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Here you go i am going to try and post pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

17. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

E-mail me if it is worth anything to any one. If not it is going to my Uncle who is going to try and make a mount for his Bob Cat, which is probable going to take some work but for free he is in. It is on a trailer now but will have to take it off soon because i need the trailer for work, but i am willing to make it work for someone on here. billk726@aol.com

18. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Those are worth 300 dollars in Michigan.

What city you in so I can see how much gas to drive there. How far you from Detroit in Michigan?

19. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I am in Englewood, Ohio it is close to Dayton, Ohio probable a good 3-4 from detroit. Google says 209 miles and 3hrs 21mins.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just FYI: It's an '85-'92 RT1...