1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old boss 8.2V cutting edges?!?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by terrapro, Dec 4, 2007.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

my oooold boss v(chain lift) needs some new edges, i can never remember which ones i can use now?!? can i use 2nd gen? im pretty sure i remember from last year a discussion about how you cant use the new style edges(3rd gen) on these plows. on centralparts site anyone know the part number for my edges? is it #BAX0003?

2. ALLDUN5

ALLDUN5 Junior Member

I could use the same thing.

3. terrapro

from MI

Hey I since then found a solution to the trail problem and the old edges. Just weld a bolt to the bottom hinge area on the front of the plow and bolt a piece of rubber belting or whatever there. Saves alot of money compared to the new edges.

I think I have a picture in my pics.

4. terrapro

from MI

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Boss sells a kit to eliminate the run between or go to a welding shop and have them weld a couple of small pieces on the inside of the middle edges.