1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old and new, amazing what paint can do...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by thesnowman269, Sep 28, 2011.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

picture of the old motor from my truck next to the new one

old and new motor.jpg

new motor painted.jpg

2. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

4.6 or 5.4?

3. thesnowman269

the new one is a 6.8

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

And you're putting that in what?

5. thesnowman269

A Ford of course ;)

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

oooo! very nice. i love my V10!! i'm sure you will too! there was another guy that put a 6.8 in a '98 i'll see if i can dig it up but i'm sure you've seen it.

7. wizardsr

Superduty? Or are you going to try to shoehorn it into your LD?

8. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Are those eBay headers?

I'm running a pair of 'em ---- wish I paid for some real headers. I've already made two repairs.... Other than that, I love my V10!!!Thumbs Up

9. thesnowman269

Yup bolts right in sir. I know your all thinking that's going to be a bunch of problems but hey If nothing else its a cool project

10. wizardsr

Sounds like fun. 2 valve or 3 valve? auto or manual? Any other upgrades to the motor?

11. thesnowman269

2 valve out of an 03 excursion. manual trans. only up grades to the motor are ebay headers and paint. once i can get ahold of a stronger trans and $ it will be seeing some go fast goodies Thumbs Up this thing ways a ton! first time i had it on the stand, the stand snapped! :eek: luckily it was still chained up to the engine lift :dizzy: still have a lot of work to do ive just barely gotten started

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I hope this interesting project works out. You'll have a very unique truck for sure. Can you get it done and the kinks worked out before the snow flies? IMO, the key to a project like this is making it look like Ford put that engine in there. The ricer green is going to completely blow that, but hey..

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  13. thesnowman269

I was going for more of a muscle car theme with the plymouth grabber green. I despise ricers lol. The only kinks i may have to work out are wiring in the engine harness along with the computer and maybe the hydrolic slave cylinder. I still have to re- pin the connectors for the computer. If any one can help me find information on a computer pin out chart for an 03 v10 out of an excursion that would be greatly appreciated. but yes its going to be a very unique truck none the less which is exactly what im shooting for

14. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

In the first pic I thought your were doing the swap in your kitchen!...LOL.... Looks good.

15. thesnowman269

FITS!! kinda of. just sitting in there for now I may have to notch the top of the frame just for a little more clearance for the headers :mechanic:

motor in truck.jpg

16. thesnowman269

17. wizardsr

18. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, back when I needed a motor in my 99, I was going to drop a 5.0 in it, she woulda ran great. And I knew what all I'd need to do to make it all work. But I ended up taking the quicker route and putting another 4.6 in it because I needed the truck up and running again.

19. thesnowman269

....i wouldnt have done that swapping a 5.4 in is way easier practically plug and play

comming from the guy who put a v10 in a f150 :laughing: :rolleyes: