1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old AMF 3 stage,,great shape..

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by borwicks, Dec 24, 2009.

1. borwicks

borwicks Junior Member

Just picked this up for $400. Stickers, paint all in great shape. Runs like a champ. I almost dont want to use it. Started on 2nd pull today. They dont make them like they use to.

IMG00060.jpg

IMG00062.jpg

2. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 Member
    from NW PA

$400 :eek::eek: That sounds way high to me. If you need parts for it you will not find them. I see that it has a Tecumseh engine, they are out of business now and parts for the older motors are as rare as hen's teeth. :)

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

$400.. yikes!

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

wow that will be useful for deer camp in Alpena

Don't spend money on that engine. Just upgrade to China diesel engine.

$400 not bad for this rare 3 stages.
    Never saw one in that size expect loader's snowblower.

5. borwicks

borwicks Junior Member

not to worried about the $400. Will double that with it this snow storm. The one I bought new in 2000 is still working, not as heavy duty and I paid $1200 for it. Only thing that I have done to it is replace the scrapper blade and skids, once.

6. borwicks

borwicks Junior Member

Im sure you guys would get a laugh out of me modifying my old rt2 to fit the new cutter edge.

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great to me and if it works for you who cares what you paid for it.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You will definitely make your money back. So I guess you did well.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Those old blowers are tanks. I have a 1977 Bolens my father bought new. It's a friggin tank. That was really the start of my snowremoval "fetish" LOL. Did the driveway, moved the city combing from the entire front yard, sidewalks, paths to the clotheslines, garage, wood piles, you name it. That's also when I learned to drive stick at 10 year old. Worked on it several times, starting when I was about 10 or so. Biggest problem was the disc clutch deal. Haven't used it in probably 6 or 7 years. Should dig it out and see if it will fire. It has a Tecumseh on it, which is probably trash now, unfortunately.

Better bring ramps to get that thing out of the truck.

10. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

You dont need no ramps. Just throw it over the side of the bed to get it in. :laughing:

For real that thing does look like a tank. and your right they dont make anything like they used too.

11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Damn, it must be nice not to have to worry about how much you pay for things. I have a slightly used Western Pro Plow and I am only asking $10,200 for it...anybody want it? lol

12. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

why do people have to be such ****** heads about what people pay for things if it makes the guy happy who cares? I think its cool. Id pay a mint for a low mileage 7.3 right now cause they just aren't around any more.

13. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

That thing is bad a$$!!!! My grandpa had an old ariens 2 stage with the drift busters and a cap on it. Was a tank none the less. His new one with more power doesnt even begin to compare!!!

I agree with 02powerstroke on people being ****** heads here. Who gives a flying shyt what he paid for it. Its rare and looks to be in great shape. If the guy is happy, then just be happy for him.

14. borwicks

borwicks Junior Member

Have used this thing on 4' plus drifts drives right under them, back it out falls down do it again....Its a TANK....running like a champ....we have put almost 32 hours on it...starts better in the cold then are newer one....started yesterday at around 0 degrees, put choke on, 1 pull fired 2nd pull was running...YEa...thanks for all the input guys...

15. borwicks

borwicks Junior Member

its very heavy....2 guys are not going to load this beast...took 3 of us...I forgot my grip strut ramps one time.

16. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

17. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That thing is really cool! I've never seen a blower like that. $400.00 is nothing for that in that good of shape. It's probably already paid for itself. Does anyone know if anyone makes something like that new?

18. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

That blower is featured on a antique snow blower page HERE.

It also shows a 1958 Rolba System Model R-40 which has such features as "The engine is a 35 horsepower Volkswagen industrial power unit. The light still works! The machine weighs about 2000 pounds and shadows my 8 horsepower Ariens. One other certain detail is that it was built before OSHA!".

Great site if you like looking at old stuff that still works.

$400 is cheap at twice the price. Some things you can not put a price on.

19. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I found that site as well when I did a search, fun to look at the old ones.

20. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member