1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old 97 2500 New Fisher 9' plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ripple, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Ripple

Ripple Member

So I am thinking of buying this 1997 Chevy 2500 and putting a new Fisher 8' blade on it...Is this a dumb thing to do ? SHould I look for an old plow instead of putting on a new one on a old truck?
  2. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Depends what shape and mileage - if it's low miles and cherry, go for it!
    That style GM is one of the best ever IMHO! Other than brake wear problems those trucks are beasts!
  3. Ripple

Ripple Member

Yea....Thanks for the reply....Its got over 150000 miles but looks mint in and out besides. I think mainly highway miles...never towed or plowed before...
    I know the value increases with a plow but not sure if I should get a used or new plow for it!
  4. LDA

LDA Member

Go for the new one if you can afford it, not try and find something a couple years old like i did, i have a 1990 1500 just gonna roll over 200k, still runs like a champ, i bought a used ultramount but it is pretty much brand new, cant wait for snow:)
  5. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

I'd keep your eyes peeled on the used equipment forum here - lots of people going to the "B word" so you can find fantastic bargains on nice Ultras and the like that are low hours and in good shape... You could save a nice buck...