1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old 90 Chevy Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Greensway, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Greensway

Greensway Member

Thought I would add my truck!

truck sm.jpg
  2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Nice setup!:) I've got the same Meyer poly plow as well on a Ford. How does the truck handle the plow? I am looking to get a 89-96 Chev 2500 this spring to replace one of my older trucks.
  3. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

thats old???

I plow with my trusty 85 Chevy k20... it only breaks a part every other storm :D

I have the old fisher with the hydrolic pump on the engine set up. WIth the snow foil, its a heavy plow. Its deff. taken its tole on the truck, but this is after 16+ years of hard abuse.

I love it. It handles the plow really well, the fisher itself is awesome. Everything is a cheap fix, and it really is reliable, I just have issues with things that are my own fault.
  4. Greensway

Greensway Member

Better Clarity of 90 Chevy

That was 1st. time posting a picture, got a much better look -plus a wash!

winter 2003 001.jpg
  5. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Joe - Does your 85 with the Fisher look anything like this?
  6. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Hmmmm...I know I attached that photo.

7. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

Hmm.. I've seen that truck somewhere.

The only differences are I have the sno foil, a visor, and a much darker blue. Oh yeah, and dodge rims... I know I know.. but they were cheap.

Nice looking truck. They are reliable, except when they break :D

Just had to do timing cover, cause the balancer died, and worked its way back. Looking to get rid of it end of the season, any idea of what to ask?

I had the bed off, sand blasted, did new rockerpanels, cab corners, inner and outer fenders, all new paint, every mechanical part replaced. (engine, trans, ball joints, u-joints, cv-joint, hubs, transfer case, clutch (twice).