1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old 3 plug to fleet flex?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PhilFromErie, Dec 12, 2012.

1. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Is it possible to convert an older 3 plug blade to work on a newer 2 plug fleet flex truck side?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

yes it is,,,i think we talked about this in another thread,,,but it might and could get salty
  3. PhilFromErie

I want to get one or 2 used pro- plus blades and they are the old 3 plug setup, what would I have to do to make them work with the current setup I have now?
  4. PhilFromErie

They are going to be spares and ill use them once in a while if I'm doing roads.
  5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The pump on the new Fleet Flex straight blades is the same Flo-Stat pump that is on the on the three plug plows, it's just controlled by the plow module on the Fleet Flex plows. You'd have to purchse and install a plow module, battery relay, and all of the corresponding wiring on the plow itself. Seems pricey, and likely be tough to keep all the components weather tight on the older plow. It could be done, but I'd say it's simpler and cheaper to wire the truck for both plows. I've got three or four trucks wired that way.
  6. PhilFromErie

If its too much of a problem ill just scrap the idea of getting used blades and get new ones with fleet flex already.
  7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

we converted a pro plus recently for a customer and the parts were about $400.

btw, if anyone is wondering about a conversion kit to do this (like we were), Western won't make one because '..The problem is that there is no place to mount the plow module and motor relay on the plow, while keeping the electrical components protected with a cover as seen on the Fleet Flex plows. '

but we were able to do it.
  8. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Do you have any pictures of it?
  9. PhilFromErie

That's what I'm hoping to do. 2x on the pictures if you have them.