1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ol' School Loaders.... any one using them...lets see them!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Sticks, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

Lets see your oldie but goodies......

Old School loaders.... still working hard.

W20D 012.jpg

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i have a 79 910cat, i picked it up this year, it had a rebuilt engine and tranny, and most of the hydraulics, i can't wait to see how it does snow, i well post pics soon, say that is a nice looking Case, have you ever had a problem with tipping on it, i debated buying one, but was told it was pretty unstable.

3. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

First year plowing with it.... going to run a 12 footer... i think i should have gotten a 14.

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I use to spend some time in a 1966 966B model cat. It was a back up loader where I worked and I ran it a few times when my 966Fseries II was down for service. I hated spending more than 8or 9 hours in it at a time but it was a cool old rig and It had at least as much power as my F model. I will try to find some pics tomorrow. I love old loaders.

5. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

a company by me has one they plow the local home cheapo with it

6. buckwheat_la

i got some pics of my 910 CAT up, this is my first year plowing with something other then a tractor or skidsteer

cat 910 1.jpg

cat 910 2.jpg

cat 910 3.jpg

cat 910 4.jpg

7. rob_cook2001

good looking old rig.

8. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Pics please! My neighbor has an old loader, if I recal its also a 1966 but I can never correctly identify it, it would be great to have something to compare to.

9. rob_cook2001

i am looking right now lol, it was a cool old rig. Was a old logging loader, had cages over all the windows and radiator, pretty cool

10. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

Very Nice!!!

11. Pushin_On

Pushin_On Junior Member

Aww, the memories. Sure have came a long way in technology. I can remember my first introduction to the cat. Was a old 950, ran it, made a mess and nobody told me how to shut it down. We sure had alot of fun in them days tho.

12. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

more pics........ enjoy...

W20D 006.jpg

W20D 005.jpg

MVC-015S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

W20D 002.jpg

13. Pushin_On

Pushin_On Junior Member

By the way, those are some nice, clean looking machines to.

14. buckwheat_la

lmao, nobody told me how to shut it down either, i have run machines before, john deere, and Case, but never have i had to pull up on the gas pedal to turn a machine off, :laughing: seriously though, i don't think people give enough credit to these old machines, i picked this one up for a steal, with a rebuilt engine, and rebuilt tranny, about 1000hrs on rebuilts, as you can see the machine is in really great shape, and well serve me for many hrs

15. rob_cook2001

Same d@mn thing that got me lol. Where I worked all the other operators were 35+ and I was the youngest operator at 19, so when they I climbed off the 966 the first day and asked how the hell to shut it off they all got a good :laughing:. When they told me to pull up on the throttle I thought they were Jacking with me.

16. buckwheat_la

lmao, well i was a little luckier, because i was with the dealer that was selling it, he couldn't laugh too much, actually i saved a little face, because i got out and said "i know there is a switch in here to turn this off, but just in case there isn't, i think you are going to have to fix it" with a big smile on my face

17. Pushin_On

Pushin_On Junior Member

Them old machines are good if takin care of. There are a few companies around that still use them here. Nothing wrong with them, just dont have all the luxuries. I just about bought a older fiat allis, but lost a bunch of work, so i backed out of it. And am sure glad now.

18. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

I just measured this up for signs this morning, the second is the one he already had. 14' pusher for the old one and 12' for the new one as it will need to travel on roads.

**I guess these aren't exactly old school.**

Nov 12 2009 002.jpg

Nov 12 2009 003.jpg

19. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

This was our old Cat 920. We traded it in as a down payment on an excavator and got what we paid for it 10 years later.

Cat_Loader.jpg

Cat_Loader.jpg

20. buckwheat_la

they may not be old school, but i am jealous, that old cat, if you don't mind me asking, what was it like to plow with, my 910 should be pretty close to the same