1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Okay so I drank the Kool-Aid...

Discussion in 'Liquids Are Us' started by saynow, Dec 17, 2008.

1. saynow

saynow Junior Member

or should I say the Chloride. I had a Lesco space saver converted to a cal chl. sprayer this year. Holds 200 gal. I'm spraying 32% cal. that I get from a comcrete mix plant. I am puting this stuff down with fan nozzles at roughly 50 gal/acre. I am making skating rinks!! Is it me or does this stuff not do what I was led to believe it does? I have tried pre-treating at 5 gal/acre with very little results. I went out today after 5" fluffy snow, pushed it off last night, sprayed today with "pencil" nozzles and can't even break through the 1/4" ice pack underneath. Callin for 1/2 to 3/4 ice storm tomorrow night, anybody PLEASE give me some feedback on what to do. I NEED HELP! If I can't figure this stuff out I may be selling some snow removal accounts cheap...along with a sprayer. BTW...I figured this to be the place to discuss LIQUIDS.

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

obviously not. take it over to the deicer thread.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

talk to PJ, about it ,

but i beleive liquid cal , does become slick , not freezing , but the chemical itself is slick at highertemps?

also , you can burn through hard pack , you need to apply ahead of time to PREVENT the Hardpack. then treat with normal salt after as needed

4. Pizano34

Pizano34 Junior Member

I have the same issue. I have asked other people and they look at me like im crazy.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

5 gall/ton is not enough to prewett, try 12-15.

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

We had great results pre treating our lots with 75 gallons per acre. Next morning after the ice storm our lots were wet and everyone elses were skating rinks. Maybe change products