1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Okay...dug out the plow and tomorrow is November 1st

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Up North, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I refuse to plow in October...but now since tomorrow is November and I dug the plow out from behind the shop this morning...I'm ready to fight the white fluff!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it on!!! :gunsfiring: Okay, maybe only a little till after deer season then it can fly!!payup

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

hey, did you get any of that snow yesterday? Im from fargo ND, we dident get any, it all went to the north
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good thing I was lazy this year and never put my plow away. I never would of reached it if I did and you saw the pictures from this month!:eek:
  4. donbeez

donbeez Junior Member

hey 4x4....i see your from Fargo, as well as I am... I also push snow in this town and see your must lease the 924s from Butler....We run 7 payloaders with avalanches, 4 skidsteers, 2 pickups, a sander, and two sidewalk sweepers with cabs. Get a hold of me if you ever need to purchase a avalanche... i am now the local dealer...and also we are using a new ice control product this year....safer on concrete and plants and goes down without sand. It also has a lower melting point than rocksalt.......last year with the ice storm, we didn't get anywhere using sand and rocksalt because of the melting point....
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It's about time you did some work around the house..wesport

Deer season :gunsfiring:
    What! No tracking snow!!:nono:

I thought sitting in the stand just after a fresh snow was fun?
  6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

That's why I get my plow ready in October. You never know if Buffalo lol. Im interested to see what this winter will bring.
  7. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Probably same as last year......nothing.:mad:
  8. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

I did the same thing on Sunday everything works. I still need to start fall cleanups, all of the leaves aren't down yet.
  9. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Sounds like the SD DOT. About three weeks ago had some freezing rain, iced up the overpasses and bridges. Anyway the accidents started to occur. Highway patrol requested sand, a trooper and car "almost got smoked" at one of the accidents. The 3:00 AM call to DOT "Uh we don't have any of the equipment set up yet" The DOT called out the overnight contractor.
  10. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Hey, its good to find someone from the same town on here. Yes we always rent one of the loaders from butler. The one with the snow bucket we own. Last year we where suppose to get a larger one, but they kinda screwed us on that. We are suppose to be getting a 930G next week, and hopefully a bigger bucket then we got last year. A pusher would be nice for a few of our lot, we've thought about it, but havent acted on it yet. We used alot of sand and salt on that ice storm last year also. I think it took us about 3 times as long to compleate the push, casue of all the spinning. Altho it was a good storm to start off the season. So what company in town are you? Just wondering casue you say you are the dealer for avalanche. You can probably figure out from my profile picture what company I push for. Well keep in touch.
  11. donbeez

donbeez Junior Member

4x4 farmer... no your profile picture does't show up for me. The name of my company is Glacier snow management company. My cell number is 238-0307. I would like to hear your story about butler.....and what you think of the high-lift 924's Thanks Don
  12. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Fluff is about all that thing can handle...:D
  13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You better hope not!
  14. donbeez

donbeez Junior Member

15. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

What is it that you are using? I guess we finally did get the ice gone, after a few storms last year. Im not sure where interested this year, we just got our stock pile of sand/salt last week, and we got alot, lol. I like the 924s, casue of the single arm lift, I think there is more visability there. as far as butler goes we have been happy with them, just that last year they dident want to swap for a bigger bucket. I dont know what there deal was.
  16. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Don't need trackin' snow when they're down after one shot! :) And it's best to be sitting in the stand AS it's snowing...not only a beautiful time to be there...but the deer are usually moving around pretty good.

Badluck...fluff you! BWAAHAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!!! :D

17. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

All 3 of my plows are out storage, cleaned up, serviced and ready to go. Hoping for a better year here in NH than last year.