1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ok Who makes a good shovel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hosejockey4506, Dec 20, 2010.

1. hosejockey4506

hosejockey4506 Senior Member

Tired of broken junk shovels every time we go out.

i would like something with a straight handle that is sturdy, not garbage, metal edge, around 24 inches wide.

whats out there that you have found works good.

we used to have black shovels with a yellow handle and a black d handle on the end but i cant seem to find them any where.

2. hosejockey4506

3. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

4. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

the suncast shovels are great! hands down love them

5. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Not sure of the brand but I picked up a snow shovel at deere landscapes. It doesn't have a metal edge but I love how it rolls the snow off like a plow. It works great and has held up well for me so far. It has a d handle, wooden handle shaft and is probably the same size shovel end as the others on here. It has a orange shovel and handle. I paid like $24 for it. I'm 6'2" and even though it is a straight shaft I don't have to bend over to use it. The only down fall is it isn't good for scooping has to much roll the snow just slides off. I'm not sure how well it would do to scrap ice. I stay on top of my sidewalks so they don't get iced over. It also has a six year warranty what that is worth to anyone.

6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

We have a mixed selection of shovels, but have recently added thesnowplow.com shovels and find they hold up better than all the others. When guys are shoveling 1-3" snows for hours on end, we need something that won't wear out every 3rd snow.

7. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Checked on the brand of the shovel I posted about and it is made by bigfoot.

8. hosejockey4506

i have there 36 inch version but if the snow gets wet or over 4 inches its tuff to use, we generally only use then when we are out salting only

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

:confused:

We have 36's & 30's. These are great shovels....we like to use em when it snows.

10. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

I have a 30" 'the snow plow' pusher (www.thesnowplow.com). It is an excellent shovel. I would like to pick up a 24" for heavier snows.

11. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

The Snowplow.com shovel hands down.....Their customer service stands out...Had an issue with one of mine and they took care of the problem pronto.......

I was told by some old guy...That a Good Snowfighter always carrys a Good Shovel.....:salute:

12. sappel138

sappel138 Member

Snowplow shovel absolutely! I got one that is the same width as the sidewalks I do at my house and for my neighbors. One push and I'm done! Even broke up the packed stuff from the driveway.

13. hosejockey4506

all i really meant was we generally use them on light snows and stuff that isnt to heavy

its just to big to try and shovel a ten inch wet snow