1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ok whelen ??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bru z71, Mar 15, 2010.

1. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i put a 6 buld 90 watt kit in my truck and when it rains real bad my stobes will not turn on after the rain say a hr they work what could that be ?

2. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

First ?

Hello

Without seeing your truck I must ask where is the strobe pack mounted? Than we will go from there.

J & B

3. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

Be hind the back seat

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

were is the ground wire connected. also is the connectors at least greased and taped

5. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Well if there is no wet carpet,the ground is conected to a solid clean base and the power supply is mounted securly. I would check and make sure the pos 12 volt is proforming correctly. Unless all 6 strobe cables and conector are compromised I would stick with problems between power pak and 12 volt supply. Was this a new system when you bought it?

J & B

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Ok your getting water in your connections, the power supply is going into "saftey mode" so it dosent ruin any thing, I just got apex weather connectors installed, they run about 65$ includig labor, you can do it yourself but the crimpper to do it cost about 80$, if you want to do it cheap, just put alot of electrical tape on it.

7. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I say bad wire/connection with the positive or ground wire... What size wire are you using for both and how do you have it wired up?

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

^ it's a wet connection, instead of shorting out, it goes into saftey mode, then once the connections are dry it'll work again. He just needs to tape his connections better or get weather apex conectors

9. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Take a trip down to me.

10. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

Andd you are where lol

11. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

My address is in my signature. :mechanic:

12. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

taked them all up put some grease on they are nice and tight sprayed the pressure washer for 15 or so mins everything all set thanks for the help guysussmileyflag