1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok, So , who has the most lights on their truck?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Maleko, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Which member here has the most lights on their truck? im looking for ideas for my plow truck this season. Yes im a light freak.. I already have an idea what im gonna do but would like some more ideas.. I already have a direction led arrow bar for the rear window as well as 8 different leds along with 8 hidden strobes. YEs i will post video when im done hopefully by next week.

Can you post a link to a video or description of the so called vehicle im looking for ??

Thanks in advance....

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

My one truck has 16 strobes, a 30" led lightbar, and two backup lights.

Plus my salter has two additional backup lights and 2 led flashers.

Still don't have anything on the new Ford.

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

do you have a video?

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i have a fully populated whelen edge lightbar with like 14-15 strobes in the bar, as well as 2 whelen strip lights led's on my backrack, they are about 3 times as big as a tir3 led.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmykpOhDGLI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmykpOhDGLI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Dissociative did the install and put up pics/video somewhere.

6. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Last year i ran 36 light heads. 10 hide a ways, 14 LED and 12 in my 9M bar and a traffic advisor.
    I took the 9M off this year and i have not decided on a mini bar. I am leaning towards the new Whelen Justice LED

7. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Damn..........

You got a video of your setup??

8. GLHVAC

GLHVAC Junior Member

46" Federal Signal Legend amber bar
    41" Sho-Me Chameleon LED Signal Stick
    10- Sho-Me 11.900 lights 4 amber in the grill, 2 amber on the mirrors, 2 amber & 2 clear on western proflo 1000 salt spreader.
    Whelen Competior Plus 8 channel strobe box. 2 amber, 2 clear in the rear 4 clear in the front.
    Allso set up factory led turn signals on mirror to strobe with sho-me 11.900 at the same time.
    I allso just purchaced 4 sound off signial split amber leds for the grill and 6 more split amber/clear sho-me 11.900 for the new vbox salt spreader.Here are the videos from last year. I'll post some new ones when we have it all finished this year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4sCLeKn90
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHt2T6QQkBc.

9. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

That my friend is Awesome............... Thanks

10. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

you could wake up the dead with that set up. lol nice looking and nice video man

11. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I never did get a chance to video my setup.

12. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Not much in the way of strobes-but I have a whelen guardian rotator (110W)

2x55W off-road lights going forward
    2x55W off road lights going backward
    2x55W low profile lights under bed lighting the side/rear of the truck
    4x55W low profile lights as reverse lights

So all in all 660 watts of auxiliary lighting. It's pretty bright.

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I have some soundoff LEDs in my grille and on my tool box. Code3 deck lights and dash lights. Considering strobes but not for a while.

14. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

email me i have tons of videos of trucks with 25 or more heads WITHOUT counting light bars...

15. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I've got a buddy who has so many strobes that he can't have a plow, his alternator wouldn't hold it

16. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

IIRC there was someone here who was going to install 8 strobe power supplies, showed them laid out on a bench, people were discussing power consumption.

17. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Just out of curiosity how many Lumen are non led strobe lights? Each bulb/strobe?

18. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Your correct, I think it was Dissociative, building a super truck of some sorts and used it as a teaser for us spectators.

19. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

This thread needs video!
    [​IMG]

20. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

:eek: I bet your neighbors just LOVE you! Nice set-up though.