1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok so please let me kno what you think......anything!!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mow It All, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

Ok so today we actually got plowable snow....I was in the middle of plowing a parking lot and my plow took a ****. It was skipping while going up like the motor was cutting in and out. Then It wouldnt go up, left or right all it did was click and click.....I checked some stuff and found nothing. I took a jumper cable and went from the battery to the hot on the motor and the plow went left after tapping it a bunch of times....I pushed it and hit it again and it went up. THEN.......just more clicking. I called the place where I bought it and he told me I needed 2 people to test it......I decided to take it to a local dealer (Trusted dealer) and they told me the motor was bad. I was in the shop the entire time talking to the mechanic......He changed the motor and poof its fixed. The place where I bought it from said there is no way it could have been the motor........What do you think???
  2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would take the old motor to them and tell to stick ity up there #@^@ ^@# *^*
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Judging by your diagnosis, it absolutely could have been a defective motor.Not sure why they told you that it couldn't be.
  4. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

not sticking up for the other shop but it also could have been a dirty connection on the motor ground or positive mine was acting up the other day when i mounted it and tested it i took and loosened the nut that holds the positive and re tightened it and presto plow worked fine . just a possibility
  5. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

It deff wasnt the connections, I took them all off, hit them with a wire brush and put them back on. I ran jumper wires direct from the battery to the motor and still nothing. It was acting funny and was stuggling to go up. The volt meter was dropping down to under 9v when I was using it before it totally died. Its like the old starter trick when I tapped on it it would move a little but that was all........Thanks for the input guys. The place where I bought the plow said to send him the motor and reciept so we will see what happens......He seems allright and I have sent a few people to him so I hope he will make good on it.
  6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

sounds like you had a bad ground and they fixed it and sold you a motor also.
  7. Mow It All

Mow It All Member