1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok new plow idea

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bigmudder77, Aug 15, 2008.

1. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

ok i have a chevy uni mount from a late 70s early 80s

i got to looking at my bronco II sitting in the barn due to a messed up u-joint which caused the whole wheel hud to strip the lug nuts right off and set the tire under me and also broke the lock out good thing it was in the yard and not on the road well i pulled it in the barn and left it sit most of the summer i was gonna put a v-8 and make it a mud truck

ANY WAYS i got to looking and measuring the frame and this uni mount will pretty much bolt right up to this frame and its only gonna cost about $200 in parts and about a couple days labor to get it fixed i wont work on it full time every day gets me too mad cause bolts break if i take my time i can get it going good

only thing that might be alot of money is the lock out cause there $200 alone or pretty close so ill throw some thing together

but im asking and i know the answer is no but here goes.

Do you think i should put a 7 and a half ft plow on a 1988 bronco II with the 2.9L engine and auto tranny?

and before you answer i plan on only using it for my drive was and 4 people less than 2 miles round trip.

i know ill make the frame a solid frame at least 1-2 ft back from the front of the truck and i will bolt my bracket on to the frame and use angle things to make it stronger and weld a thick piece of medle from one side to the other to keep it from going in and wrap a chain and tighten it up good so it will keep the frame from going out

i know need room to do that well the whole grill and every thing is gonna come off and bumper and that gives me about 8-9 inches of room to get to every thing before i hit the radiator.

so think its a good idea or shouldnt i mess with it

o also the truck is about 4 maybe 5 ft wide so the plow will stick out ALOT on each side

let me know i start taking it apart tomorrow

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Are you in Wooster Ohio or another State? I have a bunch of Bronco II parts in my garage. Stock rims with street tires. I may have a hub or two.
    I ran a Meyer 6' standard plow on mine for 3 seasons. Your plow seems like it would be way too big for the little truck. I may be able to get the old setup I had. Some Chevy S-10 frames will work with a little bit of added on brackets for the bumper and some bracing.
    You need to upgrade the charging if it does not have the big alternator. Add the biggest battery that will fit on the tray. It needs an add on transmission cooler if it does not have one.

3. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

lol this bronocs ignition fell on the ground one day when i was mudding and well ever since then i just used wires and put them in the plug so really all i have working is every thing for the fuel system the rpms speedo and some more stuff i bet thats just all i noticed

and i have another wire i hook to the starter thing and get it to run im changing it to all switched with a push button start

but ya let me know what you have for bronco parts and yes im from wooster ohio

and it has a good battery in it no battery tray just a strap holding it in

and yes this plow will be HUGE for it but its all i got right now and since the stuff i got will bolt up what the heck right its not like im gonna be using it more than an hour or 2 when it snows and i wont drive it much with the plow up so i dont think it would hurt it too much just might lift the rear end up with all the front end weight might have to put couple 100lbs weights in the back lol