1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok - need advice on Fisher plow / dakota - push plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chachi, Sep 18, 2012.

1. chachi

chachi Junior Member
    from NY

So I just bought a 6 1/2 MM1 setup. It needs push plates. I just read that the correct push plates for the dakota (2002) are part # 7165. They also said that the 7165 wont work with the 6 1/2 foot plow, because Fisher considers the Dakota full size truck.

Any advice on what push plates I should get to fabricate slightly to work with the plow I bought?

any help / advice would be greatly appreciated!

Pete

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the 7165 mount would be the correct one for that truck, and any MM1 or MM2 plow will hook up to it. It's not that the plow won't work with that mount, it's just that the blade will be a bit short for that truck. It won't clear your tire tracks when fully angled.

3. chachi

chachi Junior Member
    from NY

I got the plow. Turns out the MM1 6.5 plow's A frame is about 25" on center from the openings. The proper mount for my truck (i found a nice used one) is 29". Looks like I'll be doing some fabricating.

any one else go through this? wondering if I should move the ears in on the mount or widen the A-frame. Gonna have my welder/fabricator buddy take a look

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

got pics? maybe you're not talking about minute mount at all.

5. chachi

chachi Junior Member
    from NY

It's def a minute mount. It's actually 6'9" though. The guy i got it from didn't know I guess. I just measured it and def 6'9".

So I'm happy about it being bigger then I thought. Should work great with my Dakota!

Dropped the push plate off at my buddy's shop to get "modified"..