1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OK, lets tally up December's Totals

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cutntrim, Dec 31, 2000.

1. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Some guys (John!, Eric and the other Chicago guys, myself and the other Canadian guys) have got a lot of snow so far. Some others haven't. So how much did you get in December? How many times/days were you out?

My unofficial snow total for December is 108cm which is about 42". So we're basically neck-and-neck with Chicago, Eric.

We were out plowing 12 times (10 times "full-route") during the month, and salted 8 times (5 times "full-route").

No major equipment problems to report...so far.
  2. EPP200

EPP200 Junior Member

We have been out 11 times (counting times for this thread as 1 entire snow event). Of course, during the Dec. 11/12 Blizzard here 14" snow and snow drifts 3'-4' deep (even with making continueing passess) we were out for several several days straight almost non-stop becasue after that Blizzard we received 2"+ snowfalls every other day for about a week straight. It was NUTS but at the same time it was AWESOME.

Actually got to feel how JOHN feels every month every Winter every Year. You are one lucky dog John!

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

41 days in a row now. Plus the three pushes prior to this starting. Some accounts have been plowed 60+ times. At the lakeshore we've had 94", at the Interstate (two miles south of the lakeshore and where the lake effect kicks in) we've had 175+.

Now, we're incredibly busy with the nor'easter and the aftermath (stacking and hauling).

Been a long winter.
  4. bob

bob PlowSite.com Veteran

Where I live, we've had about 2". We were suppose to get clobbered with a 15" storm over the weekend, but it missed us.
  5. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

175"+...WOW! That's why we seldom drive to Cleveland to see my grandparents there this time of year. I-90 (I think it's I-90?) is always getting buried with snow and it takes forever to make the drive.
  6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care Member

I have about 1 1/2-2 feet of snow right now.This is one of those years I hate being on contract!!!!!
  7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

We got 20-22",all yesterday.i would like to have had it spread out over a weeks time-but ill take it anyway I can get it(Thanks Santa,and John Allin).
  8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I know this is nowhere near the totals of you guys in Erie and Chicago or Buffalo but hear goes...

For the month of December in Stmford Connecticut approximately 19 inches of snow, with at 16 inches of it coming yesterday.

Its about time!!!!!

Wishing you all a safe, prosperous, and a Happy New Year.
  9. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

We have a GRAND total of about 4" for the season so far, over 3 events no less.

Hey John, can ya quit hoggin all the snow!?

10. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

In toledo we have had 31.5 inches of snow spread out over 10 events including yesterdays 7 incher, roughly 18-20 days of plowing out 15 times, 1 major ice storm about 2-3 days of salting here,thats how much snow we got last year, total
    for the entire season
  11. Rab710

Rab710 Junior Member

HEY PLOW KID I wish we would get our share. None so far. We were supposed to get hammered by the noreaster also. Send some our way.My set up is A 89'F250 Western plow futur salt spreader.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

akron ohio

9 plowings (full)route

18 saltings full route

around 23" of snow-----------not the noemal for december it is around quadruple normal

yea everyone is jealous of allin in erie but odds are he spends as much on windshield fluid as we do on gas in a month-----gotta spend it to make it!
  13. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

9 times out, 11 full plows and it was mostly in a 2.5 week period. We were out the past previous 2 days too. Midway airport has 41" this month, snowiest December ever. This is what we call a December to Remember. :)

We have more coming Wednesday and Friday so I'll send it on out East.
  14. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

25" of snow here in Des Moines; a new December snowfall record. So far this year we've had more snow than all of last year (22"). Can't count how many plowings yet; still trying to get everything fixed and get some rest. Happy New Year.
  15. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Here in Nova Scotia Plowed 9 times, only 4 were full routes This compares to 12 in 91, 10 in 89 & 95, this is from 15 years of records.
    4th year for my Fisher EZ-V, only some minor welding, stress cracks, and blew a hose.
    My records show that I didn't plow a lot in Jan. those years,. 5 for 91,
    4 for 89, and 6 for 95, but those years Feb was big.
    15 in 89,16 in 91, & 6 in 95.
    We'll see what 2001 brings, Happy New Year everybody!

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

59.1" for December here- broke all records also.

82.5" so far on season, our average annual is 72.5!

We have plowed 19 days so far, from full routes to knocking down drifts!

I have over 100 hrs. in my truck this month.
  17. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

42 in a row.
    3" more last night at the lakeshore - 5" more at I-90 (yes.. it IS still I-90).
    MAYBE no snow tonight, but we still gotta clean 'em up for Tuesday morning - so 43 is a lock. Then snow returns on Wednesday. 50's a good bet. 62's our record (back in 92-93). I can live without breaking it.
  18. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

3 storms, 1st one 7" 2nd one 4" and saturdays 13" total around 24" around 7 or 8 more storms to go (at Least)
  19. crew

crew Junior Member

Seven billable events in Dec. We just Finished the second snowiest Dec. on the books with 31(?) inches.
    the last was a nice 9 incher. Had a new guy in one truck and he called about 1 hour in and was practically crying cause he was not used to driving in so much snow. That was 4 days ago and thank god for a holiday weekend - I just finished up some loose end today.
    just keep thinking about the money
    just keep thinking about the money
    just keep thinking about the money....................
  20. CCLC

CCLC Member

Here in Mid Michigan we've had 36.5" according to my records. It definately has been eventful. Since December 11, we have had someone working every day except 2 days. Money is good but so is my sanity.

John Allin looks like he will probably break his plowing record. I'm glad we don't have that snow here. Good Luck John!!!!!!!