1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok, I'm Ready!!!....................

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MATTHEW, Nov 23, 2001.

MATTHEW Member
    from NE OHIO

Got my new plow truck set up. Looking so pretty and shiny in the drive! Ready to go. The only problem is that it is so warm here that I could still work on my tan. Where's the snow?
  2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Well it ain't HERE! :mad: Today was really warm, however the forecast calls for "wet" over the weekend and gettin' cold by the start of the week.

Good to hear your truck's all ready to go! Got any pics? :cool:

MATTHEW Member
    from NE OHIO

Ontario should be knee deep right now. I'm well below lake Erie, so I get the secondary snow from an arctic blast. But I am not so optomistic. It was warm and dry all summer. Only 2 rains in all of November. My brother works for the NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE and says it is utterly impossible to accurately predict any weather patterns beyond 10 days. (I think he's just trying to protect his job. These guys make HUGE $$$, and sit around all day watching football and eating jelly douhgnuts) We may have a record breaker or a green Christmas. I need to pay the bills, and I'll work for it! Sorry, no pics.
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Weatherman in CT said a blizzard for norhtern plains next week. Anyone else here that? It will probably be rain by the time it gets here. I was vaccing leaves in a t-shirt today.
  5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Sunny and 60's here... had a little rain tonight though. I think all my neighbors belive I'm crazy. I've had my spreader on for the last week.
  6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I don't expect any snow, till after December 10th. Things just look too warm for the next week.

The good part of this, is we can take a little longer to get things ready. For the most part we are ready, except for the one truck that is having a rear main seal, and oil pan replaced, next week or the week after.

7. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Last year on nov. 21st there was 44 inches on the ground, this year nothing, not even a flake. I thought I was done for the year leaves are gone, I may take on a couple more jobs. Heck at this rate I may need to cut some lawns. It was 62 today and its going to be 70 tommarow. WAY above normal. I WANT SNOW! As soon as I see snow in the forcast I'm knocking the markers in the ground. Keep putting it off as I can get other stuff done when its still nice.

i hear ya matt was beginning to wonder if i was still in ne ohio...wheres the snow?im dieing to try this new rig out...lol...so i guess we wait it`ll be here soon enough..but 60`s in late november really unseasonal for these parts huh?
  9. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Salt Lake City got snow yesterday...... we be workin.... at least out there.
  10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Sounds like SLC will get alot more over the weekend as well, then it will pull out to the upper mid west. Members in Minnisota better get ready.