1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OK. I'll rub it in...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Peterbilt, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

So. Here in the vacation hot spot of Iowa City. We have had Plowing events for 3 of the last 4 days. Total of something like 12 inches. And tonight through tommorrow night. We are looking at a winter storm warning with accumlations of 6 to 10 inches with locally 20+ inches a possibility.

So since we are going out tonight. I think we are in the 18 to 22 plowable events for the year (So Far)

So I will get picks and all that other stuff.

And When I find that Biotch Mother nature, I am going to Kiss her on the lips, then punch her in the face, then send her AZZ out east so you guys can put her on the corner and make some cash!!!!!!!!!!

We here at J. Peterson Grading. Feel that abuse towards woman is total and morally unacceptable. And we (The Owners and Employees) Would never do such things.
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

From the east we thank you...... SEND HER OVER!!!
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Expecting anywhere from 7-16" here tonight and tomorrow. I'm heading to Boston on Thursday and I will try and bring it east with me. :D
  4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I'm an hour straight south of you watching it snow right now. Just a matter of time before I have to go out.
  5. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

They are saying 10" here but I don't see that happening. It was supposed to start snowing at 2200 but it is still sleeting and we aren't going out until 0500. But we'll see what happens the only thing that matters is we are working. Sorry East coast.
  6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

We had 2 inches at 3 am, so we did all of our jobs already, and then we are going to go back out later. It's gonna be a fun day! payup:)
  7. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

We've had a pretty good run here in Colorado too. Not as good as what you're talking, but I'm not complaining. We just got done cleaning up our lots this morning from the storm that would NEVER end from Monday. Only got about 6" but it just never stopped! Kept us running nonstop on those zero tolerance accounts. :dizzy:

Anyways, good luck with your next round of snow!

PS I gave Mother Nature a little lovin' too, she likes it rough;)
  8. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

They called for 8-10" here and it hasn't snowed yet. All rain.
  9. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Only calling for 2-5 here, but haven't seen any of it. Freezing rain is hitting my office window right now, but the grass is still showing from the high temps the last two days. Hoping to go out on Thursday a.m.

So Mother Nature likes it rough? Are we talking bondage or just a spanking once and a while?
  10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Thanks tobby4492

we going plowingpayup (don't get to excited lets see what we actual get)
  11. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Oh, you know...she likes the V-plow method.:D
  12. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

yall suck i watch money going out and none coming in except for new contracts because some people r dropping the ball we have only had a few plowable events and people r dropping the ball i dno how u do that.
  13. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Coming down heavy now. Finally got cold enough. Good thing there is a sheet of ice under the snow.
  14. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

It is snowing here now but really slushy. Probably keep doing this and freeze tonight.
  15. big acres

big acres Senior Member

High-n-dry here in Minneapolis -only out 5-6 times all year with a few extra salt runs. Damn jet stream keeps pushing those storms south as little as 30-40 miles away. Too bad there are a lot of plow guys in this market who could use the snow. I bet you guys from iowa to maine are having fun.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

whats snow??
  17. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Well just got in after a 22 hour push (All Heavy wet Crap) I don't know the official total but it sure looked like 12 to 16 inches. Most accounts got hit 3 times. and one got it 7.

Now for the damage and destruction list.

Chased one plow truck into the side of another (both mine and I am the one who was driving the Hitting truck) It was slick and my other guy thought i wanted to talk to him.

Had an alternator go out in my big plow truck.

Bent the crap out of my expanding pusher.

Had to bring in a sub with a bid wheel loader.

Destroyed and lost a tire chain.

But I lived to tell the tale.

18. shadow

shadow Junior Member
    from iowa

Man this sucks. I'm in CR and we got 13". I need to fab up some parts to fix my plow. I can't do anything because of a broken tab. The trailer park were in was only plowed 2 times from this storm. The drifts are at the door handles of the cars. The neighbors are giving me dirty looks because they know I have a blade hiding somewhere. (its off the truck right now)

I hate this. This has to be the biggest snowfall in a few years and I can't plow. I was going to get some steel to fix it last weekend but I had a court date on Tuesday so I didn't. Unknown to me they canceled the hearing on monday afternoon so I am sitting there for an hour on tuesday morning for nothing. Then the snow comes and I have nothing because of waiting for the stupid court date. I could have advertised and been making a lot of cash. Instead I am sitting here waiting for the steel business to open to get the steel I need to fix the plow. I am so pissed I could shoot fire from my ears.:angry:

Sorry to vent on here but after seeing how close you are and you seem to be doing pretty good with this storm just makes me madder at the court for stalling me.