1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ok,I'll bite. What is it?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by ProSeasons, Feb 18, 2007.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I'm a bit late. Exactly what is Fluid Film? A lubricant, or an undercoating, or a rust preventative? All the guys who got a free sample, do you like the product? Does it fight salt?

Spill the beans!
  2. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

it's like wd-40 but much thicker and when it get's wet it seems to get much more slippery.
    I have used it on my plow and snow doesnt stick to it, I have also used it inside my cheap single stage snow blower and it never plug up like it normally does.

Just in those use's it worth every penny to me.
  3. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

It's not even close to WD-40 IMO. Do a search for Fluid Film and you will find hundreds of applications and happy users, which I am one of.

To answer your question, YES, it's all 3 and then some. It will keep locks from freezing, it will "melt" rust and the prevent if from coming back, it's a (very good) lubricant and will make anything you put it on "slippery".

I used about 6 cans on one of my Stake Bed Dumps to "undercoat" then entire truck, not to mention the Oil Pan on my Super Duty. Much cheaper than having it replaced. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point and I'm sure others will let you know how much they love it, too.

I have at least one can in my truck at all times now.
  4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Lets see....

I have to say I like the stuff....I've used it on my snowblower,wooden windows,door hinges,car locks,on the rocker panels of my s10 Blazer and all door/hatch hinges and window slides,around the weather striping on my vehicles,The metal roof over the entry door to my house(Keeps the snow from building up).I've sprayed the electrical connections in the engine bays,The windshield wiper mechanisms... You get the idea, it is a good all purpose lube that wont evaporate!
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

All I can say is get your free sample and try it for yourself. Won't cost you anything and if your not impressed I will bet your about the only person that is. It is great stuff.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've been using FF for about 5 years now and I wouldn't trade a can of FF for a whole case of WD-40......yes it's that much better! 'Bout like the difference between a Chevette and a Corvette! :D
  7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Whoa. All that in a can? Nice.

I can still get a free sample? I thought I was too late on the promotion.

This stuff sounds like I'll be buying it by the case. I know you guys are hard to impress. This product sounds like the dealio. Thank You. I'm going to Google it right now.
  8. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I got my free sample and also went and bought a can at the Deere store..,.all I can say is WOW...nice and slickery...

:D Its easier than rubbing sheep on your plow :D
  9. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Fluid Film Samples are still available for those who live in the Continental United States and would like to try it.

Thanks everyone for the great support!!! Plowsite rocks!
  10. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare Member
    from Indiana

Works great
  11. Mark in MD

Mark in MD Member

But WD-40 is a penetrating oil that happens to also be rust inhibiting. Are you folks saying Fluid Film loosens fixed bolts better than WD-40? Or are you saying it's a better rust inhibiter? I suspect the latter.

Is there anybody here that would spray their entire under chassis with this after a storm as a means to prevent corrosion?

Can this be used on plow plugs in place of dielectric grease?

12. DouglasCo

DouglasCo Junior Member

So what does it look like when you spray it on? Is there anyway to make it look uniform? I was going to anodize some aluminum to give it a nice finish or at least keep it from oxidizing. Would this work instead of anodizing it? How often would i have to recoat it assuming it didn't hit anything. How long does it last in the rain?
  13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We use it as an after assembly spray. It creates a wax coating over the entire unit preventing moisture from entering the connections.
  14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Wouldn't be a replacement for anodizing.
  15. DouglasCo

DouglasCo Junior Member

But much cheaper. I was just curious how it looked when put over a large surface.
  16. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

When I have used it..

When I have sprayed light colored stuff it has kind of a tanish tint to it.
    Most of the stuff I am spraying is darker so I haven't really noticed it at all.
    I'll add it works great on bird feeder poles to keep the squirrels off also.lol

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's creative they're Oshkosh! It's amazing how many uses can be found for FF.
  18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think it would take on the coloration of the dust that settled in it.
  19. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

You could use Fluid Film just like you would a car wax. Rub it in, and not only will it not attract dust bit it will protect and shine just like a wax. It will actually bring out the paint in an old, oxidized paint job.
  20. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

:confused: So how can I go about getting a free sample??? I'd love to use this winterizing my plow and keeping the rust off the bottom of my doors! Thanks, David-